Don't fucking underestimate me

POV Pete:

I would lie if I said it was all easy after the family reunion. As soon as Vegas was fully recovered, there was a conference with the three major family son’s and Vegas, Porsche and Macau were there as well. The fight proved really well that the family split was making things worse, not better, and it was Porsche who brought up the idea of ending it.
Vegas was the first one that agreed. His whole life was shaped by his father’s pressure to be as good as the main family, and his relationship with me would be way easier as well if it was not a decision if my loyalty belonged to him or to Mr. Kinn and Porsche.
Macau was fine with this as well, he saw his father’s death blamed on the hate between two parties that should work together as a family instead of fighting.
Mr. Kinn needed longer to accept it, he was raised to look down on them and struggled to stand on a step with "that filthy family part". He saw all the damage that Mr. Gun left and needed a lot of persuasion before he accepted to blame it on his uncle and not on the whole family branch.
Mr. Kim was not having any problem with it, he had never been a fan of this family twist, and Mr. Tankhun was embracing the chance to get peace – and to still see me as an accomplice, not as an enemy. He still mistrusted Vegas, but he promised me to try liking him – he still put salt in his and Macau’s coffee during the conference though.
Their father was not having it. He blamed things on Vegas that were done by Mr. Gun, he accused Porsche to not really be loyal and to not know how this family had been for ages. None of his son’s agreed on that, and Mr. Kinn stood by Porsche. The discussion turned into a dispute that ended with Mr. Korn moving out, at least for a while, telling his son’s to call him up when they realised that this was a terrible idea.

As I said, it wasn’t easy. Tankhun suffered the most from the fight with his father and easily freaked out, Mr. Kinn seemed pensive and Porsche was more tensed as well. In addition, the families still lived in different houses, and even if the doors were always open, the difference was clearly noticeable. It was weird for me to hang out with Porsche and then sleep in Vegas’ Bett, it still felt forbidden.
Something that didn’t change is that I was still not really taken seriously. My job as Tankhun’s first bodyguard had been mainly watching series and colouring hair, and everybody knew that I hated violence. They knew that I won Vegas’ heart with kindness, and it didn’t help that he often treated me like vulnerable glass that had to be protected or it would break. On one hand this helped me to live in peace and not fight too much about my relationship, but I often wished they’d see me more equal.

It was about half past two in the afternoon when the door rang. I was not expecting a visitor, but Vegas was not at home, he was meeting his cousins, so I opened the door. The man in front of me was about thirty years old and dressed in an evidently expensive suit, his sumptuous jewelry was showing his wealth in an exaggerated way.
“Good afternoon. I heard so much about you, and it is an honour for me to meet you after all this time, as one of your boyfriend’s oldest friends. You can call me Stan.” His smile was as fake as his kindness, and I couldn’t stand him from the first second. “Pete, as you may know. I am sorry, but Vegas is not here right now, and I am not allowed to let you in.” I put on an apologetic smile, and he raised his eyebrows. “You are not allowed to? I thought he was your boyfriend, not your boss, and I am a really good friend!”
Not allowed to let shady guys in, like your pretentious ass, I added in my thoughts, but I kept up my smile. “I am really sorry. I will tell him to call you up.” The man didn’t move, he smiled even wider. “Do it now, please, it is an urgent case. I need to talk to him right now, and he doesn’t pick up.”
I had Vegas’ private number as the only one, but I wouldn’t bother him for a slimy-ass stranger, so I texted him to call ‘a person named Stan’ as soon as possible. To my surprise, Vegas read the message after a few seconds and texted back: “Let him in, he can stay in my waiting room. Will be back soon, already in the car.”
Stan seemed pleased and followed me, his smile showed clearly that he saw me as a servant, not as his friend’s equal partner. But I didn’t care – go ahead, underestimate me. Not my problem.