Injured (Rhaenyra Targaryen)

Y/n's POV:

The fresh midnight air hits my open wounds like salt water to a cut as I walk down the long narrow hallway, my eyes set on one room, Rhaenyra's, my queen, my lover. My injuries cause me to hobble down the hall way, each step bringing me closer to my final destination. My left arm has quite a large gash running down it, not to mention the cuts and bruises scattered all over my body.

I finally reach the queens room I lift my good arm and gently knock causing the sound to ring through her room and the quiet hallway I stand in.

I look down at my boots seeing small droplets of blood pooling around my feet. But before I can do anything to clean up the mess a small screech of Rhaenyra's door makes my head rise up and face the sliver haired girl.

 But before I can do anything to clean up the mess a small screech of Rhaenyra's door makes my head rise up and face the sliver haired girl

"Y/n-" she gasps, as her eyes wonder all over my torn body.

"My queen, I'm sorry to disturb you but I truly need your help." I say in a hushed tone. Due to the amount of blood I've lost I feel my head being to spin.

"Come in." The queen says wrapping her arm around me and gently pulling me into her room. "What happened to you my knight?" She says, concern eminent in her voice as she places me down on her bed.

"There were talks of a man trying to assassinate you, so I found him and killed him. He isn't known to your family, your grace. I tired to get him to speak but he wouldn't say a word." As I talk to Rhaenyra I can't help but feel embarrassed at my current state. I am her personal knight, she's rarely seen without me by her side. I'm supposed to be the strong one, not weak and disheveled like I am now.

"Please Y/n, enough with the formal title. You know me better then that." She whispers, I can feel her concern for me, it's strong and lingering.

"May I?" My queen asks, her hands clutching at my armour and shirt and with a swift nod from me she begins to take them off. "You can relax now... it's safe here, my love." I hear her whisper in my ear, her breath gently collides against my neck and ear.

A silence has settled between us, only our breaths and the sound of my shirt being taken off is the only noise between us. Well that is until I decide to speak. "I know I shouldn't be here... but I just... I just needed to see you... I needed you by my side." I say holding onto her hips as she begins to clean my wounds with a damp cloth.

I stare into her eyes as hers are on my cuts. She lets out a sigh then looks down at me, placing her hands on my cheeks. "I missed you too, my knight. Whoever this man was he almost killed you... I could have lost you."

"Well thank the gods he didn't then." A smile rises onto my lips as I watch her bend down and kiss me.

After a few minutes of cleaning and bandaging, I go to grab my shirt and armour, ready to leave Rhaenyra's room and go to my quarters when Rhaenyra calls out to me from her bed. "Where are you going?"

"I thought it would be best if I leave so the queen can get her sleep." I try to joke, a small chuckle escapes my lips causing I wave of pain to shoot through my body. Due to the pain the my hand that is holding my armour weakens and with a loud clank falls into the floor.

The two of us freeze waiting for the guards to storm into the room with their swords drawn but instead there's silence... just the two of us in silence.

A small laugh leaves my lovers lips causing it to quickly catch onto me. But again the pain jumps through my body and I land on my knees facing the ground. Rhaenyra quickly jumps out of her bed and rushes to my side. "Are you ok?" She asks concerned. All I can do is hum in response, my pain to unbearable to talk about. The silver haired girl quietly places me in her bed and wraps the blankets across my bandaged body. I can smell my lover on the cloth, it's sweat and powerful, just like her.

After I'm comfortable in the bed, Rhaenyra gets in too. She carefully wraps her hands around my body and rests her head in my chest. "I'm sorry you had to see me like this." I whisper.

"Please Y/n, don't apologise." She responds with a soft smile on her pale face.

"Kiss me." I whisper, lust dancing in my eyes. A small smile begins to form on my queens lips  as she leans in and places them in mine.

"You saved my life tonight, you are my hero."

"And you healed mine, my queen." I respond closing my eyes to let sleep take me away.