two

"Are you sure you don't want me to go get you some coffee or anything?"

The crisp, stark white piece of paper crumples underneath the squeeze of your palm, the freshly printed sheet incurring the brunt of your frustration after he's asked you this same question for the just about the tenth time this morning. With a deep breath, you turn around to face your newly accumulated shadow— bright blue eyes peeking through silken strands of blonde as he smiles at you with wide eyes and rosy cheeks.

"Armin, for the last time, you don't have to get me coffee or anything else for that matter. You're a lawyer, not an errand boy," you snap, your tone carrying a great deal of bite after surrendering your very last wits end.

"Right, I'm sorry..." he pouts, pretty pink lip bitten between his teeth out of nervous habit, "I'm just not sure what to do with my time now. Obviously I haven't been assigned a case yet and Grisha's been in and out of meetings all morning so—"

"Actually, you know who loves coffee? Levi! His office is down the hall and to left, last door. I'm sure he would appreciate the help while you wait for Grisha to finish with his meetings."

"But I thought you were suppose to—"

"Yes, and I will show you around as soon as possible, promise. I just have some things to take care of right now— but don't wait up for me! Levi would be more that happy to help you out, actually. Mhm, he's a super nice guy."

You shoot him your best overly reassuring smile, hoping that he'll take the bait and get off your back for at least the rest of the afternoon. You felt bad for trying to pawn him off to Ackerman, but there's no way you can get any work done with him following you around the office like a lost puppy.

"Ah, alright then," he replies, awkwardly stroking the nape of his neck as he timidly walks down the hall and to the left, per your instructions.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you make your way back to your desk so that you can finish the rest of your paperwork and get prepared for the meeting with your client this afternoon. After closing the door to your safe haven, you set your things down onto the cluttered hardwood and circle around to take your seat, just before something tucked away into the corner of the room alerts your attention.