Chapter 2

Xiao Xingchen visits the palace to meet Lan Zhan, however upon entering the palace he noticed that the emperor is currently talking to Weiying who's continously asking Lan Zhan to just marry Xingchen instead of him. He remembers the night that Weiying fall of the lake, but instead of helping him he ran away from the lake hoping that no one saw him. When Wen Qing followed the emperor's order to assist Weiying to go back on his quarter, Xingchen politely greets Weiying as he still has a higher position compared to him.

"Greetings Your Highness, I'm glad that you are awake and energetic," Xingchen politely said.

"Ah, yes, thank you but may I know who you are?" Xiao Zhan said but before Xingchen could answer Wen Qing whispered to him that he is Xiao Xingchen.

"You are Xingchen? Oh, that's why you look familiar!" Xiao Zhan excitedly said and thought that he really looks familiar as if they already met in his previous world, but the most important thing is Xingchen really fits to the type of man that he likes. No doubt that Lan Zhan falls for him, he though while fully observing Xingchen, but for Xingchen he is really confused and offended by the way Wei Ying look at him.

"Ah sorry, Xingchen. I lost some of my memories, I hope I didn't offend you and let's be friend!" Xiao Zhan said while he offered his hands to Xingchen. However, Xingchen looks at Wen Qing to confirm it and she nodded back to him.

"I'm sorry to hear what happened Your Highness and I am hoping for your recovery. Well then, I have an appointment with the emperor, good day to you Your Highness." But instead of shaking Wei Ying's hand, Xingchen just bowed and went directly to pavilion.

Of course, the conversation goes unnoticed by the people in the pavilion and observe what will happened.

"Greetings, My Emperor," Xingchen bowed and greets Lan Zhan, and he acknowledge it with a small smile. This is how they differentiate Wei Ying and Xingchen, only Xingchen is allowed to call him 'My Emperor.’ That's why the people in the empire knows how important Xingchen is to Lan Zhan.

"What did you talk about with Wei Ying?"

"We just greet each other and seems like he lost some of his memories and cannot recognized me at first."

"Hmm, so he lost his memories."

"He almost like a different person with the same face."

"Xue Yang, investigate what is the current condition of Wei Ying."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Xue Yang said and hurriedly left the pavilion. While Lan Zhan and Xingchen continued their conversation and greets each other affectionately using words.

--------------------

Xiao Zhan went back to his quarters and asked Wen Ning to prepare his bath, one thing that he noticed that Wei Ying has a large bath and this man have a collection of masks. He asked Wen Ning why he has a lot of masks, but Wen Ning said that this is just his hobby and collections but didn't want others to know so he hid those masks.

But Xiao Zhan is a designer, and he knows is something is just for decoration or for occasionally use, he noticed that there are some scratches on the mask and for sure that Wei Ying is using them sometimes, but what for why discreetly collects it?

As a person who loves arts, he can really appreciate beauties, from things to person and honestly speaking Wei Ying is beautiful has a soft skin and silky hair, of course they look alike. But you can tell outside that he grew up in a wealthy family but when he's taking a bath, he noticed that there are some scars on his body.

This is why Wen Ning mentioned before that he only let Wen Ning and Wen Qing to attend him when changing his clothes and during bath is because of this scar on his chest. The scar is old almost like he gets them when he's a child but even though he doesn't completely have the memories of Wei Ying, there were times that the scar is throbbing, and he can feel the pain.