two

═══ CHAPTER TWO :: I KNOW A GUY

"Well, we'll need to get eyes in there. At least to find out the make and model of that vault."

Julia Kim sat on the table, swinging her legs as she watched the screen.

The footage from the camera on the remote-controlled car was shown on the screen, with everyone trying to make out what kind of safe they were dealing with.

"Woah," she softly exclaimed, walking closer to the screen to get a better look. "I never knew these existed in real life. Reyes is a genius for getting such a safe."

"Why?" Mia inquired, not understanding the layout of the vault. "Is it tough to break into?"

Julia chuckled. "This, my love, is a seven-by-twelve vault fitted with eighteen-inch-thick steel reinforced walls," she stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "It also has a Class-3 electronic lock with a surefire Griffin re-tumbler and a biometric palm scanner."

Though she didn't understand a word, Mia had a smile on her face, glad the younger was having fun — at least in her eyes.

Han noted how the others didn't understand the jargon the female used, shortly summarizing what Julia had expertly explained.

"Basically, ten tons of top-of-the-line security."

Dom rose from his seat, answering a call he received from Brian, putting the phone on speaker before placing it on the table. "Go ahead, we are listening," he stated.

"This is pretty tough security. We are gonna need a mock vault to test out how we are gonna break into this thing," Brian spoke from the other line. "Any idea on how to get something like this?"

Santos and Tego exchanged glances with Han, wondering if either of them had any connections. Just as Tego opened his mouth to speak, Julia intervened, looking deep in thought.

"I think I can get us a replica. I know a guy."

"Really?" Dom was surprised, to say the least. He knew of the female's job at the DSS, so it was surprising to see that she had connections with 'illegal' things like this.

"Jules, I thought this was your first time in Rio?" Brian wondered, certainly not expecting her to speak up.

"Well, what can I say? I am a social butterfly!"

|<><><><><>|

Julia Kim stared at her work phone, biting her nails nervously as it rang for the nth time that day.

Silencing it like she did every time, the brunette did so before switching off the phone and shoving it into her bag.

She was on vacation anyway. She didn't have to pick up calls from work, right?

The female tried to push away the thought that she worked for the DSS — because well, for one, she was currently hanging out with some wanted people.

But hey, negativity gets you nowhere, right?

"Your phone has been ringing since you came here." Tej tilted his head, looking away from his laptop. "You got a manz?"

"What if I didn't?" Julia asked, a slight smile on her face. "Would you like to be mine?" It was clear Tej was her new target, finding the way he reacted to her words totally amusing.

Roman Pearce cleared his throat, pushing himself between the two. "You know, if you are single, I can assure you there are much finer men than this nerd here," he spoke, gesturing to himself. "Like me, for example, you know?"

Julia pretended to think over his words, walking towards him before touching his shirt. "Wow, total playboy material," she commented, moving away from Roman. "I don't do playboys."

Mia arrived just in time, swooping the younger brunette away from any more of ... whatever Roman was trying to do.

The two females never had the time to sit down and talk before, but that didn't mean they didn't know each other. Mia knew about Brian's junior from work, who helped them out multiple times in the past.

"Thanks for all this, Jules. I really appreciate it. I know the risks you are taking, especially with the DSS and–" Mia thanked the younger, holding her hands to express her gratitude.

Julia smiled, shaking her head. "You guys treated me like family, Mia, and I'll never forget that. Whatever I can do to help, you can bet everything that I will do it." And those words were a promise.

|<><><><><>|

The team took turns driving the cars through the camera course — each of them with a car they thought would be fast enough to not be caught on the cameras.

Julia Kim watched them carefully as she observed the monitors, realising the window of time was too narrow for any of them to pull it off.

And what can they possibly do about it?

The high-pitched noise of a vehicle reversing into the establishment gained everyone's attention, moving closer once they realized it was just Tego and Santos bringing in the vault Julia had asked from one of her connections.

"You're kidding me," Tej exclaimed, scoffing as he looked at the vault, eyes wide at how it was a replica of Reyes' safe. "Where in the hell did y'all get one of these?"

"Don't worry, babes." Julia patted his back, throwing her arm around him in a friendly manner. "Maybe one day you'll be able to get connections like mine." She laughed along with the others, joining Dom on the platform.

The elder raised his brows, already knowing she had something to tell him. "What is it, Kim?" He asked.

"Well, Mr Toretto, about the window we got to break out the safe ..." She trailed off, pulling out her phone while Dom looked amused at her formality. "If we can't find any car fast enough to beat the cameras, how about invisible cars? Cars that no one will suspect even when we are among them."

The bald-headed man looked confused, unsure if he heard her right. "Invisible cars?" He checked. "Something like police cars? Is that what you are saying?"

"Yeah ... if that is possible, I mean."

Dom nodded. "You are doing us a solid, Kim. I appreciate the help." He smiled, patting the younger's back in encouragement as the two shifted their attention to the conversation the others were having.

"How are we supposed to get Reyes' handprint?" Roman questioned.

"Han," Dom called out. "You are up."

"May I come with?" Julia leant over the railing, watching as Han walked by. "Promise I won't meddle!" Her childish giddiness brought smiles to everyone's faces, with Han being surprised, as he didn't expect her to volunteer.

"Yeah, sure. Be my guest."