3.Comfort

In the house

"Who is it? " Judy asks as she heard the front door opening.

No answer came. Judy switched on the lights and her throat tighten seeing her daughter disheveled state.

"Ohh Jane what happened? What had you made of yourself girl ? " Judy asks worriedly.

"Nothing mom just work load. I'm exhausted mom." Jennifer said weary.
"Ohh girl come here. "

Jennifer put her head in her mother's lap but sleep was far away from her.

Judy knew something is wrong. She know her daughter and husband have work loads. But her instinct is telling her there is more to it.

Next morning

Jennifer woke up due to the loud noises coming from the kitchen.

Yes she slept. How can someone not be relieved in the embrace of mother figure. A place where a person can escape reality for a moment.

Jennifer quickly freshen up. First thing on her mind was her father. She called Blake to know about the situation. It takes few ring for him to pick up.

On the call

"Good morning sun. "

"D-dad you awake. How long it had been since you're awake? Why didn't anyone inform me? Why--"

"Calm down my little express. " Harland said laughing sadly seeing how much he made his daughter and everyone worried.

"Dad you know how much you made us worried. I didn't talk to mom properly fearing I might expose the situation."

"Ohh sun I know, I made everyone worried. And your mom is the female Sherlock. Always know about everything. There is nothing hidden from her. And wait you are not asking about me in fact it's me who is injured. "

"I'm gonna talk about you when I come there dad. What were you thinking when you decided on going alone and y--"Jennifer said angrily.

"Hey Blake, come Jennifer wants to talk to you. " Harland cut off what his daughter was saying when he saw Blake hoping he could escape her warth. (For now)

"But she's talking to you ri--" Blake couldn't finish his sentence.

"If I stay on the line any longer she gonna explode like a volcano. Save me for now" Harland said in a hussed voice so that Jennifer could not hear.

"What can I get from it? " Blake said teasingly knowing how hard it's gonna to handle a erupting volcano.

"Ahh you kids nowadays, okay I'm gonna-- Ah looks like I need to pee. Here take this. Where is the nurse? Nurse. "

With that Harland escape both situation leaving behind a dumpfold Blake to deal with the situation.

Blake realises in what situation he has ended up. Going to trick the old man but get himself trick. Suddenly a voice bring
him back to earth.

"Hey Blake, are you listening? " It was Jennifer voice.

"H-h-hey how I-I mean Did you slept? " Blake said embarrassed of his shuttering.

"Ya I did for few hours. Is everyone fine there? " Jennifer said in her usual nature.
Sometimes she surprises herself bye being angry to calm in just a second.

"Yaaa everyone is alright. Come here quickly, you need to sign some documents and his discharge papers. "

"What do you mean by discharge? How can they discharge him so soon it's not even 1 day since he got shoot. Are the medical stuff aren't doing their job properly? " Jennifer said angrily at how can they give him discharge. He's got bullet pierced from his flesh. Not some minor injuries.

"That's what the doctor are saying. But your dad is hell bent on not staying in hospital away from his family. He even told that whatever treatment there is it can treated in his home. I've never seen him act like this before. Don't you think it's fishy. "Blake said in a exhausted tone.

"

Definitely something's off. Dad is hiding something. Well you try to figure out what it is, I'll be there in a while. "Saying this Jennifer cut the call.

Jennifer got alerted when she heard male's voice coming from downstairs.
Who it would be? Her mother didn't tell anyone was coming over and it's definitely not someone she known.
'Her mother was alone downstair.'

She rushed downstairs and got startled by the scene unfolding in front of her.