Chapter 5 - The Mystery Girl

⚔️ Siddharth ⚔️

After dropping off Bhabhisa, Bhaisa and I proceeded to the horse barns. I was taking out my horse when my eyes landed on a milky horse standing next to it. It didn't take me long to recognize the stallion. It was Badal, the horse of sherni. The girl I connected to her on my last visit. Alas, I was still unaware of her name. Hence, I named her Sherni, corroborating her personality.

"Kaha kho gaya Siddharth?" (where are you lost, Siddharth?) Bhaisa asked me, approaching me on his brown horse. His eyes fixated on my face.

"Nowhere, Bhaisa. I am just escorting Ranhas", I replied to him. I mounted my horse, Ranhas. His name validated his speed. Ranhas meant speed, and the speed of my horse is bewildering. Ranhas was a gift to me by Shaurya bhaisa after completing my pathshala.

We galloped, making our way toward the outskirts of the kingdom. Bhaisa chuckled as I flexed my equestrian skills leaving him behind. The sky was a blanket of stars that stretched to infinity. Horse riding was enjoyable in the chilly weather, with the mild cold breeze striking our faces.

We arrived at the lake's shore and dismounted our horses in a grassy area. We walked a few steps, and the only sound was the waves hitting each other. I saw some pebbles lying on the grass and picked them up, throwing them in the water.

"By any chance, did you find your "sherni?" Bhaisa asked me with a smirk. I exhaled at him, and he took some pebbles, hurling them into the lake.

"No, Bhaisa. I haven't noticed her since we came here. Even if she could be near me, it would be impossible to recognize her. I haven't seen her, nor do I have any information about her," I hurled the last pebble in my hands, and it traveled farther than Bhaisa's. I turned to him with a victorious smile.

"Don't get happy with just one pebble. All my pebbles have traveled to a greater extent than yours. You can never beat me, Chotu," He gave me his pestering smile and hurled his pebble that landed even farther. There is no way I could win this. Better to change the topic.

"Leave that. Tell me, how was your meeting with Rajkumari? I want all the details," I demanded.

"Regarding that, How is your timing always wrong? She was about to tell me something important, and then you interrupted," He complained, hitting my shoulder lightly.

"Come on, bhaisa. I requested Bhabhisa to resume the talks if it was important, but she refused. How's that my fault? But don't sidetrack the conversation. Tell me what happened," I replied, fluttering my eyelashes innocently.

"Even if she denied it. It doesn't mean it was not crucial. You should have understood, right?" He replied, scolding me. How comes my innocent tactics don't work on him anymore?

"Sorry, bhaisa. I will take care of it in the future" Guilt settled in my stomach for third wheeling and disturbing them

"It's fine, Siddharth. Forget it for now. Explain what happened to your mystery girl?" He told me, asking me about sherni.

"As I said, Bhaisa, I haven't seen her since we came. I hope I can meet her during practice tomorrow," I replied. My heart reminisced about her striking eyes. Somehow her eyes could do all the talking.