x. snow day

White blankets of snow covered Teyvat Uni's area meaning that classes were cancelled today

White blankets of snow covered Teyvat Uni's area meaning that classes were cancelled today. You find yourself awake in Kaveh's bed, scrolling your phone.

"Y/N get out if my bed! Let's build snowmen!"

A groan exits your mouth upon hearing Kaveh's voice. The room was undeniably cold, how much more would it be when you go outside? You weren't going outside unless...

"I'll treat you to starbucks later on if you come with us."

That's it, you were off to where he was.

He held a coat out for you and fixed it on your figure once you put it on. Alhaitham then comes from behind to wrap a scarf around your neck. "Huh? Are you playing in the snow with us as well?"

"I want to make it up to you both. I won't invite Nilou. It will just be us three."

Somehow, you felt a bit glad about that. You didn't hate her of course but it's been a while since you hung up with Alhaitham ever since they started dating.

Once you and your best friends exited their shared dorm, the snow fluttering down the sky was landing on your face. The snow was incredibly thick. You were sure it was soft enough to land in.

"Hey Y/N." You turned to face Alhaitham but was greeted by a snowball to the face.

"That was uncalled for Haitham!"

What you noticed with Alhaitham was that he was actually smiling! Was it the nickname? Oh who cares, he threw a snowball at you. You had to make him pay.

Meanwhile, with Kaveh, he was trying to create a wall made out of snow to protect himself against the attacks from you and Alhaitham. But jealousy hits him like snow suddenly coming to the uk two weeks before spring. He grabs a handful of snow and threw it at Alhaitham as hard as he can.

"Oh, so you want to conduct a war, Kaveh?"

"I'd win against you easily."

The two of them then face you who was just trying to form a snowman at this point. "Y/N... Who are you siding with? Me or Alhaitham?" Kaveh questions as he prepares the snowball he'd throw at Alhaitham.

"Hmm..."

A side of you wanted to side with Kaveh, who had been supporting you all this time while the other side wanted Alhaitham, the one you've been trying to desperately avoid ever since he started dating Nilou. It was a tough decision.

"I choose...

...Alhaitham."

He could feel his heart drop. This was certainly a very familiar scene. Why was it always him?

Calm down Kaveh.... It's only a game...

Your choice wouldn't mean anything in the future anyways, right?

His bad mood was soon replaced with joy as soon as he sees you happily conversing with Alhaitham discussing on ways to defeat himself.

He would gladly let you take Alhaitham's side every time just to see you smile a lot.

A/N: i just wanted to make a chapter abt snow cause i need fluff in the middle of this cold ass weather 💀

like, i don't get how this is the thickest snow we've gotten in this part of the uk (it never snows here and if it does, its usually a bit thin and would melt right away)

anws, i placed a hint here probably obvious prolly not