❝Chapter❁One❞

A day before ──┈⊰ ❁

Inside a decent house, the mother was busy cooking in the kitchen while the father was at work. Leaving both two children relaxing in front of the television.

A boy with a charming face is playing with his black cat on the couch, and his black hair matches his blue-sky eyes. The females adore him because of his personality and charm.

A young lass with pristine white hair and deep, darker pink-colored eyes sat beside him. Her eyes were glued to the television as the news was broadcast.

The news was describing unusual weather conditions all around the world. While the Middle East was swamped by severe rain, America was buried in thick snow despite being mid-summer.

In contrast, a drought in Southeast Asia caused all of the marshes to dry up entirely. The weatherman claimed that environmental deterioration was to blame for everything.

"There they are..." the girl whispered.

"Eh?" the boy gave her a strange look, "What are you talking about?"

"Are you seeing your imaginary monsters again?" He added.

The tension built up as the boy grew mad. He stood up and yelled, "Mom, she's being weird again!"

The boy then walked to his room with his black cat in his arms.

"Haru! Don't talk to her like that!" The mother returned to the living room and confronted the little girl.

"Don't listen to him, Chihiro!" She hugged the little girl and smoothed her, "Did you see them again?"

The girl, named Chihiro, nodded before turning to the TV screen. She whispered a strange word gently as if she were in a dream.

"Digimon..."

"I want to see them..."

"I'm sure you'll meet them." The mother patted the girl on the head before returning to the kitchen.

"I will..." Chihiro gazed at the screen. Her eyes stayed wholeheartedly on the TV screen.

Secretly, Haru looked at his cousin's profile, which gave him the impression that she was rather desolate.

Meanwhile ──┈⊰ ❁

In a large traditional Japanese house placed around the modern neighborhood, an old lady lived and hired a good group of people to help her clean the place.

The grandmother shared the house with her granddaughter, Sakamoto Misaki. The granddaughter has light brown hair and deep emerald-colored eyes. She has two beauty marks under both of her eyes.

Misaki was reading a book in her sun room when a girl with sky-blue hair and matching eyes poured her a cup of tea.

The girl stood there uneasily, watching Misaki sip her tea.

"Is that the tea to you're liking?" The girl inquired.

Misaki nodded, leading the girl to exclaim in delight.

"Suki, you're a little too excited." Misaki stated.

"Sorry, but I just can't help it!" She retorted, "I'm looking forward to tomorrow because our summer camp has finally arrived!"

"Are you looking forward to camp or seeing the person you like?" Misaki gave her chambermaid a smirk before leaving the room.

"Wha?!" When Suki heard 'crush,' her whole face turned red.

"O-Ouji-sama..." Her cheeks heated up rapidly as she tried to get an answer from her lady.

Meanwhile ──┈⊰ ❁

At the top of the hill, there is a large house. A family of musicians with two twin girls lived happily. The oldest can play the piano well, and the youngest is a gifted singer.

Natsuki Nozomi sat up straight at her piano in her practice room. When she started playing the piano, her matching purple hair began to flow while her attentive eyes read the music sheet.

Her fingers stopped after finishing the song. Then, a little knock on the door.

"Come in." Nozomi said.

A girl who looked much like Nozomi opened the door and walked in with a tray of food and drinks. Her hair and eyes are the same vibrant shade of pink.

"Asumi..." Nozomi whispered her twin's name when she placed the tray on the side table.

"Thank you." She nodded.

"You're welcome." The youngest smiled before sitting beside her twin.

"Do you think our parents hate that we're going to camp?" Asumi asked with worry.

Taking a bite of the food, Nozomi said, "Probably..."

The room was silent since neither of them had anything to say.

"It'll be just fine." Nozomi exclaimed as she drew her younger sister in for a hug.

Meanwhile ──┈⊰ ❁

In another house was a family of four with two kids, the oldest of whom was eleven and the youngest eight.

But they are both different in other ways. The oldest is more feminine because he likes to cook and bake, while the youngest is a wildfire who always gets into mischief and seeks adventure.

As their camp was set to start tomorrow, the two of them got their things ready. Kanno Rei was making caramel treats to eat as a snack on the bus and for his friend, who likes sweets.

"I'm wondering if this will be enough...?" Rei glanced at the three large bags of caramel candies with soft purple eyes. A few strands of his blond hair were tucked behind his ear.

"Honey, you've already made enough for everyone." When his mother entered the kitchen, she couldn't believe how many sweets he had just made.

"Rei-nii is crazy about baking!" The youngest son's name was Akio, and he shouted when he saw it.

His burning orange hair mirrored his fiery demeanor, and his brown eyes were full of resolve.

"Akio!"

"I still need to check your bag, little man!" Their mother yelled.

"Nooo!"

The child ran out of the kitchen after his mother. Leaving only the older son alone.

"I'll just bring these two." Then, he made up his mind quickly.

Their mother was astounded by the number of pickled fruits her son had stashed in his backpack. Akio was aware that he shouldn't have brought so many pickled foods, but she was worried about the quantity because she knew how much Akio enjoyed sour and fermented foods.

After going through their things, the two boys finally slept in their shared bedroom.

Rei could hear Akio making noise above him, and his blanket was flying around.

"Are you happy about tomorrow?" Rei inquired.

Akio looked down and said, "Yup!" with a big smile.

"The big day is tomorrow!"

"Are you that excited?" The oldest one laughed, seeing his younger brother's innocent.

Akio smiled and then wrapped himself in the blanket to show he was ready to sleep. Then, he said to himself, "Chi-chan said that we'll meet them tomorrow..."

"Can't wait!"

❛ ❁ ❜