Gem Glow

_=_=_=_=_=_

GEM GLOW

_=_=_=_=_=_

It's a bright, shining day in Beach City. A gentle breeze is blowing through the town, the air is the perfect temperature, and a nice, peaceful vibe has settled over the town.

Truly, nothing could ruin such a perfect day.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!"

...except maybe this.

"This can't be happening! This has to be a dream!" Steven yells. The energetic 13 year old and you had gone to the nearby Big Donut for some of his favorite ice cream treats, Cookie Cats. Only to learn shortly after you arrived they were sold out, and that they weren't ever getting more.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Steven runs up to you, clinging to your torso. "Please! Tell me I'm dreaming!"

"Hey, easy there Steven, it's okay," you try reassuring him, patting his head.

"Sorry Steven, I guess they stopped making them," Sadie apologizes, leaning on the counter.

The boy lets you go. "Stopped making them?! Why in the world would they stop making Cookie Cats?! They're the most scrumptious and delicious ice cream sandwich ever made!" Steven falls to his knees. "Don't they have laws for this?!"

Lars sighs, crouching by a shelf. "Tough bits man, nobody buys them anymore. Guess they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers," he says, looking over to the freezer filled with them.

"Ugh, Lion Lickers?" Steven groans. "Nobody likes them! They don't even look like lions..."

"They taste like lemons and disappointment," you agree, sticking your tongue out.

"Kids these days! I'll tell ya what." Steven shakes his head.

"Well, if you miss your wimpy ice cream so much, why don't you make some with your magic belly button, or (Y/N)'s magic back?" Lars says sarcastically, walking off.

"That's not how it works, Lars!" Steven says, pulling up his shirt to look at the gem in his belly. "Right?" He looks up at you.

You shake your head. "No, that's not how it works at all. As far as I know, we can't make food with our gems."

Your little friend sighs, walking over to the Cookie Cat freezer. "Oh, sweet Cookie Cats. With your crunchy cookie outside. Your icy creamy insides. You were too good for this world..." he draws a picture of a cat on the freezer's frost, giving it a kiss. You put a sympathetic hand on his head.

"Uh, Steven?" Sadie checks on him, seeing he's now hugging the freezer. "Do you, want to take the freezer with you?"

Steven nods, and you let out a chuckle. "C'mon you big dork, I'll carry it for you." You offer.

Soon enough, you and Steven are running down the beach back to your house, the cat freezer tucked under your arm. You both run up the stairs, approaching the screen door of the house.

"Hey, guys!" Steven yells, pushing the door open. "You won't believe this!" He's suddenly interrupted by a giant centipede monster tackling him to the ground, causing him to scream. You yelp in surprise, kicking it off him and sending it flying in the air. It's grabbed mid-air by a purple whip and slammed into the ground. You both look to the other end of the whip, seeing Amethyst.

"Sup guys?" She greets. You look over seeing Garnet and Pearl fighting more of the little monsters.

"What the heck? Why are there so many of them?" You ask, setting the freezer down.

"Woah, what are these things?" Steven asks in awe.

"Ugh, sorry Steven and (Y/N)," Pearl apologizes, grabbing one in her arms. "We'll get these centipeetles out of your living room. We think they were trying to get into the temple."