XI

"What the hell, Butters?"

Butters instinctively grabbed his head and looked at you covered with unpleasant, uncomfortable sweat, the source of which was the horror written on the man's face. The policeman put the device aside and grabbed you by the shoulders, his face was facing yours without breaking eye contact, which frightened you immensely.

"Y-you can't trust him, [Reader]!" he stuttered with difficulty, careful not to let anyone overhear him "Kenny i-isn't what he u-used to be!"

"What nonsense are you talking about? Kenny is a perfectly normal person, Butters" you gave the man a suspicious look, you didn't expect it from him mainly, because they were both best friends back then.

"He's dangerous, you have no idea what he did!" Butters screamed with annoyance making everyone in the room look at both of you kind of confused "It's because of him... Because of him Stan... He..."

The policeman's statement was interrupted by you pushing his trembling hands off your cold, weak body. Having had enough, you quickly left the police station, slamming the door with a loud bang while wondering about your old friend's strange behavior. Unable to stop thinking about it, you decided to go to Kenny and ask him about Butters.

A loud knock spread throughout the entire space and this was accompanied by the sound of the door opening. As soon as the figure of a slender, tall man appeared on the threshold of the door, you fell into his arms exhausted without hiding the fact that you are fed up with everything. The blond took you inside closing the door, cutting you off from the dirty, sad world. The warmth and comfort you experienced after entering the small house improved your mood, you settled comfortably on the sofa in the living room and Kenny followed your move.

"What brings you here, [Reader]?" Kenny asked, not hiding a smile at your sudden visit.

"I've had enough, Kenny. I think today is the worst day I've ever had" your eyes slowly started to water and you hid your face miserably in your hands not wanting to show your friend your condition.

"Oh no, did something bad happen?"

"My... My husband went missing" you broke down completely and started sobbing shamelessly, not caring that your tears had completely ruined your appearance.

Your quiet sobs and cries slowly filled the silence with their annoying loudness, drowning out the rain falling outside the window. Kenny put his arm around you modestly, his hand gently stroking your hair thinking it would quiet you down a bit, but feeling that sudden touch made you cry even more because your mind automatically told you that you would probably never experience something like this from Azrael ever again. After a few minutes of pathetic self-pity, you finally calmed down a bit, but tears still lingered in your eyes.

"Also, I was at the police station and met Butters there" you started wiping tears from the corners of your eyes.

"Oh, Butters?" the blond repeated the man's name with a slight coolness.

"He told me I shouldn't trust you and something else, did you have a fight or what? Butters wouldn't say something like that without a reason"

The man's hands left your poor body and went to the area around his head, the blonde grabbed his head in order to sort out all his thoughts. His eyes roamed the floor many times, even though he had arranged everything in his head down to the smallest detail a long time ago, he still wasn't going to talk, he just didn't want to tell you about it. Kenny threaded a hand through his hand while looking at you, ready to say everything he prepared mentally.

"You see [Reader], me and Butters don't really get along anymore. We quarreled a long time ago, but there is still a hint of bickering in between" the blonde murmured with a bit of sadness in his voice "He's acting this way because he thinks I don't deserve to have friends"

"How childish of him!" you clenched your fists in anger, Butters hadn't changed at all, he was still a complete kid inside "But he also mentioned something about Stan..."

"S-Stan?" the sparkles in his eyes suddenly disappeared, it's as if they suddenly died by the mention of Stanley.

You looked at Kenny with a slight surprise on your face, as soon as you mentioned his missing friend, the man immediately got scared, which was quite a strange reaction on his part. The blond's pupils dilated enormously in such a surprise, noticing that you were looking at him curiously, he immediately pulled himself together and tried to act unfazed.

"We shouldn't talk about it, [Reader]" the man instinctively stood and looked away from you because he didn't want you to notice that he didn't know what to say to that "You must be cold, I'll make you some tea!"

The stressed man immediately left your company to go to the kitchen. What just happened was quite strange to you, why didn't Kenny want to tell you what it was about? Was he hiding something?

Not to think about it anymore, you got up from the sofa and started looking around the living room, looking at the same photos again. This time another photo caught your attention, however, it was a photo of Kenny's younger sister, Karen. You smiled slightly remembering the times when a little girl was looking forward to your visit and how much she dreamed of you becoming the wife of her elder brother, it was so cute. You immediately started to wonder what happened to her, after all Kenny didn't mention anything about her or his older brother, judging by the quietness of the house, his siblings must have lived apart.

'I hope she's doing great, I remember how much she suffered from poverty' you thought to yourself as you were looking at the other pictures.

Your eyes wandered over colored and less colored photographs, looking at every face, every thing and every detail. Your eyes widened a little when you noticed pictures of a certain pretty, slender girl with rosy skin and bony cheeks, the teenager hugged or stood close to Kenny in every single photo and the smile never left her lips.

"What are you looking at?" the blonde asked with two cups in his hands.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend" you blurted out admiring the extraordinary beauty of the woman on images "She looks like some kind of goddess, no wonder why you two were together"

"Well, she had big breasts" Kenny said indifferently.

"You're still a pervert!" you gave Kenny a little push, being careful that he didn't fall over and spill boiling water on himself "You can't be with someone just because of how they look, you also need to consider their personality"

"You don't have to lecture me, I fell in love with you for both of those reasons" he chuckled softly as he handed you a still hot mug "You are both beautiful and kind"

"I have a husband if you didn't know" you replied sarcastically to the man's comment.

"Yeah, husband" he muttered under his breath as he looked away.

"Why are you no longer together?" you asked with a hint of curiosity in your voice as you took the picture off the wall to get a better look at it.

"We just didn't work out" the blond replied impassively "Someone else stole my heart so you know"

Putting the mug aside, Kenny snatched the photo frame from your hands and hung it back where it belonged. He then sat back down on the couch and you followed him, you sat comfortably and began to savor the taste of raspberry liquid while looking at the man sitting next to you, which seemed not to mind your sight focused on him.