XXIX 🔞

Hoseok groaned, hearing his phone ring from the other side of the room. He forced himself to pull away from Jungkook's warm, naked figure as he made his way over to his phone, already knowing what the call was going to be about. 

Yes, he and Jungkook had spent the night together. They took it upon themselves to relieve each other of their stresses in the best way they knew how, and it was something neither man regretted. 

"Hello, Detective Jung Hoseok speaking," he muttered tiredly, rubbing the soreness from his eyes as he glanced over at the sleeping man. 

"Hoseok, get your ass to the station. Now," 

It was Captain Namjoon and based on his assertive tone, he was either in trouble or something had happened. Either way, he knew better than to refuse an order.

"Yes, Sir. I'll be there immediately. What's going on?" 

"Hoseok, they were caught. Caught in the fucking act- they fled in a car and police pursued a chase lasting approximately 4 minutes until they lost sight of their car. Hoseok, we've fucking got them!" Namjoon laughed breathlessly. 

"What? What, are you serious? Are you fucking serious?" Hoseok gasped, his limbs jittery as he hurriedly changed into his uniform. 

"Yes! Yes, I'm serious! Get here, now!" Namjoon ended the call before Hoseok had a chance to reply. 

He fastened his belt buckle and made his way over to the bed in Jungkook's hotel room. "Bun! Jungkookie-ah, wake up!" he shook the boy harshly, patting his head as he jumped up. "Jungkook, we've caught them!"

"W-wha..? Caught who?" the boy mumbled tiredly, a pout heavy on his face as his eyes fought to remain open.

"Angel and V! I'm going to head down to the station, okay? Do not, I mean it Kook-ah, do not leave this room under any circumstance," Hoseok pulled Jungkook's blanket over him and kissed his forehead. "And if I don't come back," he cupped Jungkook's cheeks, gazing into those tired, starry eyes. "I love you," he pulled the boy into a soft kiss, cherishing every second as though he knew that it was their last time. 

"I-I love you too..." 

Hoseok left upon hearing those words, being quick to settle in his car as he raced against time to get to the station. It was the middle of the night, the city only being lit up by various street lights and the bright glow of the moon, but he had no time to care. 

He pushed through the glass doors of the station, seeing his boss and a few teammates discussing something in the lobby. 

"I'm here, Sir. I got here as fast as I could," he panted, standing beside the tall man. 

"Just in time. One of our officers who engaged in the pursuit states that the car they fled in was a black Bentley Bentayga-" Namjoon was cut off by a loud gasp from the reception desk. 

"What car, Captain?" the receptionist peered over to the group, palms pressed against her desk. Her chest heaved and her glasses were barely hanging onto her face. She looked frightened, desperate and Namjoon k

"...a black Bentley Bentayga," 

The receptionist shook her head, hands covering her face. "Detective Jung, yesterday you interrogated two young men- one of them, the smaller one, said that his boyfriend drove a black Bentley Bentayga. He was rambling... like he was nervous... because he's guilty..." 

Hoseok's heart sank. He already had his suspicions upon hearing that they were seen together, but now he knew for certain who the killers were. "Park Jimin and Kim Taehyung. Those are our guys,"