I'd die for him - Angst to fluff

Warning: mentions of injury

-

Summary: Ghost has always been willing to put Soap's safety before his and manage to keep them both alive, but what happens when he isn't quite as successful.

-

Ghost pov:

Soap steps forward, his gun turning to the left as he clears the room of any enemies. When he concludes the area is clear he walks forward and motions me to follow. I slowly follow behind, my eyes scanning the room. I freeze and grab the back of Soap's tactical vest, pulling him back and pushing him against the wall. He doesn't even have time to shoot a glare at me before the sound a gun firing fills the room.

I stop breathing for a moment and falls forward slightly before catching myself and turning around, I pull my arm back and throw a knife at the man across the room. He had been hidden behind a wall but when Soap and I started walking he came out of hiding and was aiming for Soap.

I let out a sigh as he drops to the floor, blood slowly beginning to pool around him. I take in a shaky breath and look back at Soap, my vision and balance wavering. He grabs onto my shoulders and slowly lowers me to the ground. "Ghost why the hell would you do that," Soap questions as he pulls off my tactical vest, tossing it aside carelessly. I take in a shallow breath and look him in the eyes "He was gonna shoot you," I say as if using myself as a human shield was the best option in that situation.

Soap frowns and grabs the hem of my shirt "Can I take this off?" Soap asks, his voice shaky. I nod and lift up my arms, allowing him to pull off the shirt. I feel myself wince in pain once the shirt is fully off, I chuckle and look at Soap "You know, this isn't the scenario I would imagine you taking off my clothes for," I joke as Soap moves behind me to look at my wound.

Soap lets out a breathy laugh and begins grabbing something from his vest, probably a med kit. "So you've imagined me taking off your clothes?" Soap asks. I smirk, though Soap can't see it, then I turn back to look at him "affirmative," I say before facing back forward.

Soap pov:

I pause for a moment, taking in what Ghost just admitted. "You ok there Soap?" Ghost asks, amusement clear in his voice. "Jonny," I say before pulling out a disinfecting wipe from my med kit. "What?" Ghost asks, confused. "Jonny, call me Jonny," I say as I reach up and wipe the blood around Ghost's wound. I hear him let out a shaky breath before lowering his head "Then call me Simon," He says nervously. I smile and put down the wipe after cleaning off the blood "Ok Simon," I respond softly.

Ghost lifts his head happily after I say that, causing me to chuckle. "Ok, get ready I need to get the bullet out" I say seriously. Ghost nods and takes in a deep breath, I sigh then reach forward to begin.

-time skip to after he gets the bullet out because I hate writing gore-

Ghost lets out a groan as I pull the bullet out and place it on the floor. I place my hand on his lower back, rubbing comforting circles as he takes in deep breaths. "You can keep going, I've been through way worse," Ghost says, taking in one more deep breath before returning to normal breaths. I nod and grab a needle and string from my med kit, I hesitate for a moment when I hold up the needle. "Jonny, I'm ok I promise," Ghost says, somehow knowing I was afraid of hurting him more.

I shake off the thought of hurting him and the thought of how Ghost sounded saying my name, I pull the needle forward and begin stitching up the wound. Ghost stays calm as I stitch up the wound and doesn't make any noise until I'm trying up the end of it.

Ghost whines and flinches a bit before I'm able to fully tie the end of the stitching, "Try not to move," I say calmly as I grab the string again and retie it. He takes in a deep breath "Sorry," he says quietly. I smile and stand up "Nothing to worry about, ya all done anyway," I assure him as he stands up as well. He turns to me and I cough awkwardly while trying not to look at his chest.

"Jonny," Ghost says, his voice quiet hushed. I look up at him, making direct eye contact "Yeah Simon," I say, trying to keep my voice level. He leans down slightly so that our noses are just barely touching, I stay silent and unmoving. "Simon," I say. Ghost looks over my face once before responding, "Yeah?" I smile and run my tongue over my lips. "What are you doing?" I ask. Ghost doesn't respond for a moment, I can tell he's thinking. It seems he doesn't know what he's doing either.

I chuckle and place my hands on his chest, Ghost glances down at my hands but doesn't remove them. I slowly move my hands down his chest, running them over his abs and stopping on his hips. "You doing ok L.t?" I ask as I hear his breathing hitch. Ghost nods and looks down as my hands start moving back up his chest. I run my hand up the chain of his dog tags and rest my hands on his neck, my hands aren't choking him but more just resting on the sides of his neck.

Ghost watches me carefully, I can't tell if he's smiling or not. I wish he would take off the mask but I won't force him too. The sound of footsteps pulls us away from each other, we both grab our weapons and point them at the door to the room were in. As the footsteps grow louder I get ready to pull the trigger. The door is pushed open and I sigh, lowering my weapon.

Price walks in with a few other men close behind him, he nods at me then looks at Ghost. "Ghost, where is your shirt," Price asks, confused. I snicker and toss Ghost his shirt from the floor next to me. Ghost pulls on his shirt and shoots me a glare before looking back at Price "Sorry, got shot so had to take off m' shirt," Ghost explains. Price looks more attentive now, "What? Ghost, you ok? Do you need a medic?" Price asks, his concern immediately overpowering his confusion.

Ghost nods then motions to me "I'm good, Jonny here fixed me up," Ghost says, looking at me softly. I smile and look back at Price "Yeah, I'm a doctor now. Right Simon," I joke with a chuckle. I see Price's eyes widen at me calling Ghost by his name, he looks to Ghost expecting some sort of rebuttal or anger from him but nothing happens. Ghost simply laughs and rolls his eyes "Yeah right, you were scared when you had to stitch me up." I frown and throw him his vest before turning away from him.

Price just smiles and nods in both disbelief and joy before turning and motioning for us to follow, so we do.

--------------------------

Sorry it was kind of a weird ending but I hope you enjoyed this one-shot! I almost made it so that ghost was gonna die so consider yourselves lucky.