Chapter 1:A typical beginning

"I did it again"Arlo said surprisingly.

Today's Arlo's first day at college.He was always excited about this day.He couldn't even sleep last night because of this.But he fell asleep exactly when he shouldn't have.

Somehow he managed to reach there and handle everything.

"It would have been embarrassing"Arlo murmured while scrolling through Facebook alone.This place is new and he is bored.Suddenly he saw a girl and she was probably the prettiest girl he had ever seen.He couldn't even blink because of her beauty and kept looking at her beautiful eyes.Her eyes.It amazed Arlo.He couldn't move his own eyes because of her eyes.

"You there bud?"said the guy who sat next to him at cafeteria.

"Yep.Dont worry,I'll be back soon.Tell teacher not to wait for me.I'll give her the assignments later.Bye"said Arlo rushed to the gate.

The guy was awestruck.He couldn't say anything.

Arlo was running so that he could escape the guard.He's doesn't wanna do classes and he's gonna go to his most favourite place in the world,his hideout which is right beside his house.An old shabby cottage which nobody wants in their area.

He took out his phone and hesitated.
"Should I?or should I not?What if she has a boyfriend and rejects me?"

Then Arlo told himself that he can do it and there's no point hiding what he wants.

He sent her friend request.After a while,she accepted and Arlo was so so excited that he couldn't even realise what's happening.He started shouting all by himself.He wanted to text her right away but he was thinking what to tell her or how to start everything.

After sometime, Arlo texted her.This was a do or die for him.
At least it seemed like it.

"Wanted to tell you something.You're probably one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen"this is what Arlo sent to her.He didn't feel cringey rather he felt proud.

"Aww.Thanks.You're good too"she said.

Arlo started asking her questions.He was still confused about something.Something his mind was hiding from him.Something even he wanted his mind to tell him.

"Tell me everything about yourself.I'd tell about me too"

She started telling Arlo everything slowly.Her name was Sarah.She is the same age as Arlo.

"Your boyfriend must be very lucky cause he has you."Arlo smiled while typing this to her.

"I don't have one"Said Sarah.

"You don't?How come?You're way too pretty.I think you're lying."Arlo said to Sarah with curiosity.

"I had one tho.We broke up 3 months ago."

"3 months ago?How long was it? May I ask"

"We were together for 3 years"said Sarah.

"Oh I see, I'm really sorry.I didn't know"

Arlo was kinda sad.Even tho nobody would admit it the Shadow could clearly see.He was sad about her.Not because of the breakup,but because of someone else's presence in her life.And it's not about just few months,they were together for 3 years.And everyone knows what this means.

"I really shouldn't have asked I'm sorry"

"It's not a big deal dude.Tell me about yourself come on."Sarah said.

Arlo started giving her information about himself.What he does,where he lives,how he spends his time.Everything.Like every other guy does to other girls.Really common thing.