Chapter Two.

Chapter 2: Spartans vs Racers.

I smiled at the crowd of people and then turned around in pursuit of finding my best friend when suddenly I walked into something hard. It was so hard that it knocked me off my two feet completely. "Ai que doeu." I mumbled.

At the exact moment, I heard a voice speak. "Mamma Mia, I'm so sorry."

I opened my eyes to see two guys hovering over me. One of them was wearing light blue baggy jeans and a white Ferrari hoodie. He had black hair, brown eyes, and his iPhone in his hand. By the looks of it, he was the guy I bumped into.

The other guy was dressed in a two-piece Beige pants and jacket with a brown hoodie inside. He had light brown hair, green eyes, and a well-toned physic, I might add. "Come on, let's get you up." Said the guy as he and his friend walked behind me. They each grabbed one of my arms and pulled me up.

"Thank you." I spoke.

After analyzing them closely, I soon realized who they were. These two guys are part of the racing crew. If I am not mistaken, they are training to become Formula 1 drivers.

There is something that you need to know about UCM. Here in our campus, the students are divided. They fall under two categories. Footballers and Racers. The football category is known as The Spartans and the racers are known as well the Racers. This whole category thing backdates to the 1980's when a Spartan betrayed a Racer by stealing his girlfriend. The Racer was so upset by the betrayal that he called for war. This war started to cause a rift amongst the students and eventually resulted in the division of the campus. Since then, for some reason this division and rivalry between the students have been upheld.

The Spartans do not associate themselves with the Racers and the Racers do not associate themselves with the Spartans. If you ask me, for a campus with 46 000 students, it is a bit bizarre to have a division amongst students. It is pointless and uncalled for. We should not be classified based on a rivalry that took place over 40 years ago but who am I to say anything.

"Did you just speak in Portuguese?" Asked the guy with the French accent.

"Maybe." I muttered, realizing my mistake. Nobody in campus besides my best friend and my boyfriend, knows that I can speak Portuguese and that I am off Portuguese decent. That is a secret that I am willing to keep for as long as I can. "But why does it even matter? Don't we all speak more than one language in this campus?" I chuckled in an attempt to save myself. It was not the best attempt but hopefully it will get me out of the conversation.

"We just assumed you were British." The other guy who also sounded French said.

"I am and you are French." I pointed out. "By the way, I didn't quite get your name?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"I'm Charles and I'm Monegasque." Said the guy with the Ferrari hoodie.

"Pierre. And you are right, I am French. And we are two people you shouldn't be talking too." Joked the Frenchman.

"I'm Skyler and perhaps you are right but I don't see any rules clarifying it, so I guess it's not an actual crime now, is it?" I said and raised my eyebrows at Pierre.

"Nah not really." He chuckled. "Cheeky you are." Smiled Pierre.

Staring into Pierre's gaze, I got lost in these perfect green eyes. I must admit I am quite intrigued by his beauty.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my best friend Aria came rushing in. "There you are." Said Aria. "Oh, hey boys-" Aria said and turned to Charles and Pierre. Judging by her reaction to them, it seemed like she already knew who they were. "And who do we have here?" Asked Aria, trying to cover up her expression.

Stupid girl. I have known her since kindergarten, I know when she is pretending. I decided to play along with this charade just to see where it goes. "This is Charles and Pierre." I said and pointed at them respectfully.

"Boys, this is Aria." I introduced her to the boys. They both greeted her with warm smiles on their faces. "Alright then, we better get going. Enjoy your night you two and stay out of trouble." I spoke. I made sure to look directly at Pierre when I mentioned the word trouble.

By the looks of it, he looks like trouble.

"Why'd you look at me when you said that?" Chuckled Pierre.

"No reason." I laughed.

Aria and I said goodbye to the boys before heading back to our dorm room. The walk to our room was long and incredibly quiet. Aria knew that she had slipped up and, in her mind, she was trying to figure out how to explain herself to me. We arrived at our dorm, and I immediately stepped into the shower. It had been a long and tiring day, so I just needed to freshen up before meeting up with Beck.

Walking out of the bathroom, I decided to be the one to start the conversation. "So bestie, is there anything you want to tell me?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

Aria who was laying on her bed and playing on her cellphone, picked up her head and started smiling. "MY BOYFRIEND IS A RACER." Aria blurted out. "There. I said it." She said. Her voice sounding so relieved.

I have known that Aria had been seeing someone for over a month. She fell in love with this guy very quickly and could not wait to tell me all about him. The only strange thing was the fact that she never introduced him to me and now I understand why.

"No kidding Sherlock." I chuckled. "So, which one was it? Charles or Pierre?" I asked as I sat down next to Aria on her bed.

"What? None!" Aria was quick to say. "It's their friend Lando. He's British just like me and he's super goofy but in the most adorable way." Aria said. Her face immediately lit up as she started speaking about Lando. She had fallen hard, really hard.

"Aww it's so cute how you blush when you talk about him. I'm really happy that you found someone that makes you happy." I smiled as I placed my hand around her.

"Thanks babe. So, what are you doing tomorrow?" Asked Aria.

"Nothing really. Why?" I asked.

"Cause there's a party that one of the racers are throwing and I was wondering if you'd like to come. I really want you to meet Lando, but the only thing is that you cannot invite Beck, nor can you tell him where you are going. In fact, don't even mention the party at all." Aria said. Her voice was so serious.

"I would love to come." I said anxiously. "And with regards to Beck, he'll never know." I gave her a reassuring sign.

🏎️🏎️🏎️

Ahh finally! The introduction of the F1 drivers. Not all but the most important ones in this book atleast. Spoiler alert!

Let me know your thoughts x

Please vote and comment 🙏🏽