eighteen

this life we choose

this life we choose

"How would you feel if I stayed with mom for a couple of days?" Elisa curiously asked her older sister as they sat beside each other on the couch.

Olivia scoffed, shaking her head. "You're joking, right?"

"No, not all. You act like you even want me around. Since our last argument, it's like we're walking on eggshells around each other."

She wasn't wrong. Things had been incredibly tense between the two sisters. It seemed as if something had drastically changed once their mother had successfully weaseled her way into Elisa's life. It wasn't Olivia's intention for things to change like this but there was just something about their mother that irritated her intensely.

"What are you gonna do if I say no, huh?" Olivia asked.

"What kind of question is that?"

"Are you gonna ignore me because she's your mom and I'm not or will you listen to me because you respect me?"

"Of course, I respect you, Liv! But, she's my mom," Elisa furrowed her eyebrows. "She's our mom."

"Go." Elisa hurriedly rushed to escape the living room when Olivia's voice flooded her ears once again. "But, if you leave...there's no place for you to come back to when she decides she no longer wants to be a mother. Choose wisely."

"That's not fair, Liv. You can't just make me choose between you and mom. I thought you supported this."

"I didn't support anything. I tried to be understanding but I need to establish boundaries and I've told you many times that I don't want her in my life. Ever. So, if you decide that she's magically turned into mother of the year overnight, then you can stay with her. But if you leave...don't think about coming back."

✶❤︎✶❤︎

If you see something, say something

The city of Los Angeles had been on edge the past day since the news of a few package bombs were being sent out. First, it was a criminal defense attorney, and then a retired insurance adjuster.

With the news came the expectancy of citizens calling up dispatch to report anything suspicious they might see. The current call they were reporting to was to Brookside Elementary where a bunch of teachers and children were racing around the campus due to the backpack looking out of place on the school grounds.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess," Athena explained. "Nobody claimed it."

"Yeah, but it's not a package," Buck said. "I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail."