۝A criminal's principessa۝

______________________________________

Sadafa growled, storming back and forth in the room, her thoughts consumed by Zubair's hurtful words. "If he had eaten fertilizers instead of normal food then maybe his brain might have grown!"

Mishti watched Sadafa, seeing a reflection of her own brother in her fiery demeanor. "Why are you so mad?" she inquired gently.

"Because that Zebra made fun of my looks!" Sadafa shot back, her eyes blazing with anger. "How dare he do that to me?"

Mishti tried to reason with her friend. "But you also told him to get out when he is here for his job. It's an equal exchange, isn't it?"

Sadafa stopped in her tracks, fixing her gaze on her friend. "You should be on my side," she insisted.

"I'm not taking sides, I'm trying to help you see reason," Mishti replied, worried that Sadafa might let her ego take over, like Sultan.

Sadafa slumped onto the sofa beside her.

"I have a reason to be angry with him. When someone you loved betrays you to the core," Sadafa's voice trembled with emotion, catching Mishti off guard.

Tears welled up in Sadafa's eyes, her restlessness palpable.

"Sadafa, is there something between you two in the past?" Mishti asked gently.

"Not really," Sadafa sniffed back her tears. "We had something once, but then I caught him cheating with my so-called best friend."

"I'm sorry, Sadu, I had no idea..." Mishti offered her comfort.

"You know what hurts the most?" Sadafa wiped her tears away. "He showed no remorse or shame for his actions. Instead, he insulted me, called me ugly and boring, and kissed my friend right in front of me."

Her voice cracking, Sadafa broke down in tears.

Mishti rubbed her back, trying to console her. She felt a mix of sadness and anger towards the boys. What was wrong with them?

In walked Zubair, interrupting the solemn moment. "Ammijan, did you finish making the pakoras? I'm hungry," he announced, followed by Sultan. Sadafa's expression turned to one of disgust as she avoided looking at Zubair at all costs.

"Yes, I'm done," Ammijan entered with two plates of pakoras and placed them on the table. Sadafa swiftly took the plate adorned with a generous portion of pakoras, her gaze piercing into Zubair, who playfully scrunched his face and remarked, "Initially, you looked like a corn. Now you’ll pop like popcorn!"