Chapter 1: A fateful visit

-The bells of the cafe door alarm the eager workers as two, small, practitioners make their way to the table near the window adorned with flora. The sun shone through the glass and bounced all over the overgrown ceiling that held the wards, as customary of every shop in the MLA street mall.

The new barista followed their movement from behind the pastry counter as they seated themselves on opposite sides of the table, chatting away. They were both small, but he knew better to assume they were children, as some MLA residents were about that same height.

The young, bright boy had been waiting patiently behind the counter for customers. As the blond gathers his notepad and pen, happy to take their order, a hand on his shoulder halts him.

"Roji!! Wait a minute..! Come over here..." With a terrified look, the shop owner ushers him into the back of the cafe where the other baristas were hiding.

Roji tilted his head as the shop owner peeked across from the door at the pair sitting at the window. "Eh? What are we doing? Why are you all hiding here-?" A co-worker quickly shushes him and peers out the door with the shop owner. The workers in the corner were shivering and had cold, pale faces.

Eh? Eh? Eh??

The blond looks around frantically in confusion and worry. Was there danger? He didn't sense any ghosts...and weren't those wards on the ceiling doing their job anyway? What's wrong??

Another one of the baristas notices Roji's confusion and pats his shoulder. "You're new so you probably don't know..." She points to the pair sitting at the window.

"Outside, there's a customer who orders the most insane combination every time..." She shuddered. "If it's not absolutely perfect, Muhyo ridicules and mocks us...he's really famous around here like really famous..."

"if the customers keep seeing the most powerful Executor in MLA insulting our shop we might have to...close down..!!!" She squeaked out the last part like that scenario would be the end of her life if it happened.

Roji was shocked at this, he too considered this problem as a threat, as that would mean he'd go jobless again. As the girl went into the corner to hide, Roji made his way over to the door for a closer look.

"What do we do...?" The blonde hastily whispered to his boss, trying to look over his head to get a good look at the situation.

The two were still chatting away, and the black-haired one was laughing at something.

Roji observed him, noticing the cool black cape that fluttered at the side against the cool breeze that wafted towards him from the customers coming and going through the front door.

His sleek jet black hair was shaped in a peculiar way that reminded him of a certain vegetable, which made Roji's stomach grumble, thinking about the onion rings he had for lunch the other day.

And...

Shining blue eyes darted quickly to his own as the executor noticed him. They made eye contact for a moment before Roji winced and hid behind the door once more.

Muhyo giggled after seeing the barista run back to their little hiding spot, grinning slightly with his sharp teeth. Biko wrinkled her nose in annoyance at his amusement.

"Why do you always insist we come here? You know they're afraid of you by now. I told you, I can make us a good coffee any day." The Artificer huffed as she fiddled with the cafe menu.

Muhyo kept looking at the peeking shop owner while holding his cheek with his palm, eyes glistening in playful delight. "This is more amusing...hehe"

Biko grumbled and looked out the window at the shining sun over the bustling streets of the Magic Law Association. The trolleys rumbled by and kids from MLS poured into the many shops.