Dragons and Parseltongue

After breakfast Saturday morning, Briar asked a hufflepuff to show him where the potions classroom was.
Once there, he thanked the younger boy for his help before he left and when Briar was alone, he proceeded to knock on the door.
"Enter." Snape drawled from the other side of the door, Briar immediately opening it to step into the room.
The younger wizard got to work on setting up his station with an extra cauldron the professor had set out for him.
Pulling out his ingredient list and looking it over carefully "Professor, do you have any salamander tongues in stock?"
Snape doesn't look up from the sixth year papers he was grading "Back wall, third shelf, two jars from the right."
Briar retrieves what he needs but takes note of the four other jars, seeming to be filled with the same ingredient.
'Isn't that a bit much, even for a potions classroom?' Briar decides to brush it off and continue with his task at hand.
He managed to finish his potion right before lunch and the professor tested it before giving him clearance for it to leave the room.
Briar had also tried to clean the cauldron he had used but Snape had simply stated that the imbeciles with detention later could clean the cauldrons as punishment.
The following Wednesday was the date of the first task and Briar had already treated his dueling uniform with the potion.
He'd also given Viktor what was left of the potion, who was grateful for the added protection.
The champions only had five minutes of nerve racking peace before their school heads and Ludo bagman came into the tent.
They explain the task and have them draw charmed dragon figures from a small sack.
Fluer drew a Welsh green with the number two hanging around its neck, Cedric drew a Swedish shortsnout with the number one, and Viktor drew a Chinese fireball with the number three.
When Briar drew his, there were gasps from the two ladies, as well as an even paler Cedric.
In his hand was a miniature Hungarian horntail who paces in a circle, looks at Briar, then roars at the others.
"Right. Well Mr Digory, you are first so when the cannon blows-" said cannon cuts Ludo off "Good luck Mr Digory."
All those who aren't champions rush from the tent to get to their seats and Cedric shakes himself out before slipping from the tent, into the arena.
After some time, the remaining champions can hear loud applause and Cedric comes back into the tent looking pale as a sheet.
Next to go out is Fluer, then Viktor who comes back and lays on the cot next to Briar's.
'I wonder if she will be in the mood to talk?' Briar has to hide a smirk at the thought as the cannon goes off, signaling the start of his round.
Before stepping from the tent, he turns his dueling uniform a rich purple color so that he would have more of a chance at calming the broody mother.
He steps out of the tent and walks along the edge of the arena, noting the surrounding terrain.
His clothing seemed to confuse the crowd but it helped to not get blasted the second he had come out of the tent.
Briar keeps his eyes on the distressed mother dragon, listening to her yell obscenities at the gawking crowd.
~My lady, I agree that this is no way for one such as yourself or your unborn to be treated but if you will hear me out I can free you and make sure that you aren't followed away from this place.~
The dragon freezes, turning completely towards the wizard ~You speak in serpent's tongue young one?~
Briar keeps his expression serious ~Yes. Would you care to hear my proposition great lady?~
She rumbles irritably ~My name is Tara, young one and you may call me such. I will hear your proposal if you could be a dear and remove these chains, they are starting to chafe my scales.~
With one subtle hand movement and a whispered spell, the chains faded into dust.
Tara shook the remaining dust from her body and laid down next to her nest protectively.
~I appreciate your assistance, now what is it you seek?~ she crosses her front claws as elegantly as any other majestic beast.
Briar climbs up onto a big rock and crosses his legs ~I have been sent to collect the false egg placed into your nest by the other two legs. If you would allow me to do so, I would be more than willing to assure that you are able to leave this place with your unborn to find a new home.~
Tara taps a claw against the stone under her in thought before nodding her head and moving just far enough from the nest that Briar can climb up to it and grab the golden egg.
He then holds it up for her to check ~I would like nothing more than to see the perpetrators roasted but I will let it slide seeing as you were such a polite hatchling.~
She huffs through her nose and Briar's bangs blow about, a smile gracing his face.
~I think my guardian would be proud to hear that.~ he laughs good naturedly.
Tara let's out the dragon equivalent of a chuckle ~As they should be. Now young one, how am I to escape without the two legs chaining me up again?~
Briar tells Tara of his plan and places a reflection charm on her that he hoped would last until she made it through hogwart's wards.
He then had her act like she was going to attack him before he purposefully stumbled away and she picked up her eggs.
After she takes off, he stares after her in false indignation.
Little did anyone know that one person amongst the crowd was trying valiantly not to just burst out laughing then and there.
Briar got back to the champions tent with the golden egg in tow, only to get a medi witch in his personal space along with worried looks from the other champions.
After all were reassured that he was fine, they were told their scores and Briar couldn't care that he had come in last.
The contract only stated that he had to compete, it said nothing about losing his magic if he competed and lost the tournament.
Not to mention that he'd had a lovely conversation with Tara.
Although he was glad that she'd seen him simply as a child because there was a very good chance that if she hadn't, he would have ended up barbecued.