Chapter 26

The following day, xichen first discussed with qiren about wuxian's plan to evacuate the dafan wen's. Qiren knows about wen siblings and their relationship with wuxian. Wangji already mentioned that he also know dafan Wens well even before they come to cloud recess and he trust them. Qiren has good opinion on them that's why he let them to continue their relationship with wuxian and wangji. But to accept them into the clan and offer place for them to stay..... Its a big decision, qiren wants to think about this thoroughly before he accepts to his nephew's decision. In the end, xichen managed to convince his uncle.

They arranged a meeting with the elders to get their approval as well. Wuxian insists to participate in that meeting. So Wangji and wen siblings also attended that meeting and explained the situation with dafan wen to the elders. Xichen clearly specified that they are not cultivators who uses swords but healers who does healings for many generations, about the occupants of the village, how they are suffering because of qishan wens, their relationship with wuxian and wangji, in how many ways they helped wuxian, he didn't miss any important details which could support their decision. The head healer lan fei also supported his words and points out that if they accomodate them it will only benifits Gusu lan's because their knowledge in medicines are vast and dafan wens are known to be best in healing for generations. They were not well known in the cultivation world in recent days because thier previous head died when wen qing is still very young. They also comes under the control of qishan wens. But their history can tell more about them.

It does convinced many elders. But still few states their hesitation about adding dafan WENS as their branch family. Wen Qing understands their hesitation and it's very reasonable too. Wens may had good reputation in the past but last few generations did actually spoiled their names and created a bad opinion on that surname. Wen Qing is grateful to the ones who supported her family. She knows wuxian and wangji will support them but xichen and the head healer also supported her family a lot which she didn't actually expected. They all did their best to help her. What is she going to do to save her family? She knows exactly what's bothering the elders and what could ease thier minds. Wen Qing comes forward and bowed to the elders and made two announcement which really pleased the elders and shocked wuxian.

One is very common thing which everyone does when joining a new sect. Swearing loyalty to their new clan and their clan leader. Second one is, Wen Qing announced that they will abandon their surname with all the identity that comes along with that surname and take a new surname which is WEI because he is the main reason for her family to get this opportunity. An opportunity which could save so many innocent lives. This really pleased the elders and they agreed to accomodate them.

To say wuxian is shocked is an understatement. He is frozen in his place and wasn't able to process anything happening around him. Wen Qing approached him and gently held his hands.

Wen Qing: " Aying, when I say I see you as my own brother I really mean it. You have done so much to save our people. Things which I only longed to do but you made them possible. Even when you are suffering in the Jiang clan, you still secured the safety of dafan wens from evil sprits which my own sect failed to do. You considered my people as your own family and did everything in your ability. When you had a better life, you didn't stop thinking about us and still insist on securing their safety. This is not possible without you. You consider us as your own family, then it's only fair if we return it. If you are a Wei, we can also be a Wei. I know abandoning once surname is not a simple decision. My ancestors will understand us. I will never regret this. Will you let us to take your surname?"

Wuxian is overwhelmed. He hugged her and buried his face in her hair. He nodded his head repeatedly. Wen Qing has a smile on her face and gently rubbed his back to calm him down. It is then decided that once all the dafan wens are settled here, formal ceremony to change their surname and to swear loyalty to the Gusu lan will be held. Healer fei volunteered himself to help with the barrier. Since they need few more elders to put the barrier around a larger area, he personally choosed few more elders who whole heartedly agreed to this.