Chapter 1

"The Boy in the Iceberg"

Katara's POV:

Water. Earth. Fire. Air.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days--A time of peace, when the Avatar kept the balance between water tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all stopped when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless Fire benders. But when the world needed him the most. He vanished. A hundred years have passed, and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the war. Two years ago, my farther and the men of the tribe journeyed to the Earth Kingdom to help fight against the Fire Nation, leaving me and my brother to look after the tribe. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will will return to save the world.

No one's POV:

Katara and her brother Sokka were rowing down the river to fish for some fish. Sokka was paying attention to the fish swimming in circles around the water "It's not getting away from me this time, watch and learn Katara, this is how you catch a fish. He says with his typical cocky attitude. Katara gives him a look before turning to the water. She sees a fish swim by and glance before removing her glove and using her water bending powers to catch the fish Sokka, look! She exclaimed with a big smile across her face. "Shh Katara, you're gonna scare it away. Mmm I can already smell it cooking." Taking a big sniff before licking his lips.

"But, Sokka, I caught one." Katara moves the fish above the boat before she places it down it jumps out of the bubble making the bubble pop and splash on Sokka, Ahh! Why is it that every time you play with magic water, I get soaked? He sighs "Oh, it's not magic water. It's water bending and its...Sokka cuts her off before saying. Yeah, yeah--an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah...he waves his hands about drastically. "Look I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself. He shrugs. Katara Folds her arms looking at her brother with an eyebrow raised. "You're calling me weird?, I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection...In the water." She grinned.

They were cut off when they feel the boat tip and end up being carried by the current [CRASH] Sokka tried using the paddle to slow down the boat "Watch out" Katara shouted before directing him "Go left" she instructed. Just was they were about to ahead to get out of the strong current. two ice caps crashed into the canoe braking it to splinters "Ahh!" they scream as they jumped onto some nearby ice caps. Katara moves from the edge of the ice and confronts Sokka, "You call that go left?" Sokka lift his eyebrow before saying, "You don't like my steering? Well, maybe you should have used waterbender us out of the ice. pointing to the many ice caps in the river. "So, it's my fault?" Katara crosses her arms. "I knew I should have left you at home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up." he nods his head in disapproval.

Katara gives him a big glare before saying, "You are the most sexist, Immature, nut-brained. I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" Katara begins to get mad and doesn't pay attention to her anger as her waterbending became out of control and cracking the iceberg behind her. Ever since mom died, I've been doing all the work around camp, while you've been off playing Soldiers!". Sokka starts to panic at the incident going off behind Katara. "Ah...Katara... pointing at the ice. She still interrupts him "I even wash you clothes. Have you ever smelled your dirty socks?! Let me tell you. NO PLEASENT!" She swings her arms back creating a more cracks in the iceberg. "Katara, settle down...he still keeps his eye on the iceberg. "No! That's it, I'm done helping you! From now on, you're on your own!" she yells before creating a huge wave behind her and finally begins to break. "Ahh" They both gasp. The ice made a loud cracking noise, followed by splashes.