Chapter III

"The Southern Air Temple"

Katara: Water, Earth, Fire and Earth. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all elements, could stop them. But when the world needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed, and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang, and although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But, I believe Aang can save the world. 

Previously on Avatar...

The iceberg containing the Avatar and Appa emerges to the surface. "Aang, how long have you been in that iceberg? Katara asked I don't know maybe a few days maybe." Aang responds. "I think it was more like a hundred years. Katara turns her head slightly to the left, thinking about her theory. 

"No one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct." Gran Gran spoke. "According to legend, you must first master water, earth then fire, right? Katara tils her head to the side. "That's what the monks told me." Aang explained. "Well if we go to the North pole, you could master waterbending." Katara's eye lit up. "Wait up my uncle, tell them I found the Avatar." Zuko mentioned and points to one of his soldiers. Aang and Katara work on Appa's back. "Wail till you see it, Katara. The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Aang spoke with passion about his home. 

"Aang, I know your excited, but it's been a hundred years since you've been home." Katara clarifies to Aang. "That's why I'm so excited!" Aang exclaimed. "It that a lot can change in all that time." Katara tried to explain to Aang that he might face a horrible scene. "I know, but I need to see if for myself. Aang jumps and flies to the ground. Sokka sleeps nearby. "Wake up Sokka. Air temple here we come!" Aang tries to wake Sokka. Sokka groans, " sleep now, temple later. Sokka rolls onto his side and falls back to sleep. 

Aang narrows his eye, then grins. He picks up and stick and stars to poke Sokka's sleeping bag. "Sokka, wake up! There's a prickle snake in your sleeping bag." Aang shouts. "Ahh!" Sokka screams jumping in his sleeping bag. "Get it off! Get it off" He shouts. "Ahh!" Sokka loses his balance and falls to the ground. "Hehehe" Katara giggled. "Great. You're awake. Lets go!" Aang speaks whilst Sokka has a look of annoyance on his face. 

Now, Zuko and his uncle descent from his ship and towards a Fire Nation camp. "Uncle, I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail. Zuko speak briskly. "You mean the Avatar?" His uncle answered. "Don't mention his name on these docks. Once the word get out  that he's alive, every firebender will be out looking for him. And I don't want anyone getting in the way." Zuko Warned "Getting in the way of what. Prince Zuko." A man walks towards Zuko and his uncle. "Captain, Zhao." Zuko crossed his arms over his chest. "It's Commander now, Zhao corrected. "And General Iroh, Great hero of our Nation. Zhao gives a small bow. 

"Retired general." Iroh bows back. "The Fire Lords Brother and Son are welcome guest at anytime. What brings you to my harbour? Zhao questioned. "Our ship is being repaired. "explained and pointed to the damaged ship. "That's quite a bit of damage." Zhao looks to the two. "Yes. You wouldn't believe what happened. Uncle, tell Zhao what happened." Zuko looked to his Uncle. Uncle Iroh looks to Zuko, "Yes, I will do that. It was incredible." Iroh exaggerates his hands. "What, did we crash or something?" Iroh Narrows his eyes to Zuko. "Yes! Right into a Earth Kingdom ship." Zuko stalls as he explains. "Really?" Zhao raised his eyebrow in suspicion. 

"You must regale me with all the thrilling details. Join me for a drink? Zhao bows down to Zuko's height. "Sorry, but we have to go" Zuko tried to walk away. "Prince Zuko, show commander Zhao your respect." Iroh placed his hand on Zuko's shoulder, placing his hands behind his back and said, "We will be honoured to join you. Do you have any ginseng tea? It my favourite. Iroh walks past Zuko and Zhao. Zuko growls and fire bursts from Zuko's wrists as he followed the others.