chapter 9

i miss you, i'm sorry

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 the next day after everything that has happened yesterday Cameron left early yesterday tired from finding the dog treat

"Summer's almost over. They gave me everything and now they're taking it all away." Leia says. Everyone is freaking out about how summer is almost over and we are all going to go back to school. I tried so hard not to stare at Leia since she is holding Jay's hand.

"Who's they?" Jay asked the girl.

"I don't know!" she shrugs.

"School. Son of a bitch." Gwen scolded.

"I haven't even started my summer reading, so I'm reading one line from each book." Ozzie explained opening a random book and reading a random line "Big brother is watching you." Okay, so it's about a perv. Next."

"Oh, that reminds me that I still haven't finished the homework my teacher gave to me on the last day of school. I mean come on who gives homework out during summer" I groan pinching the bride of my nose.

"Hang on, there's a lot to love about starting a new school year." Nikki comments "New homerooms, the smell of fresh textbooks, getting up early to learn." Everyone starts booing and throwing things at Nikki.

"I am so screwed I was supposed to be working out all summer for football. But instead, I didn't." Nate frowns.

"Bro, come to my gym. I'll get you ripped." Jay says "Here, check it out." He grins at Leia and shows her his muscles.

"It's like a snake ate a big rat, and it hasn't digested it yet." Leia explained touching his arms. I rolled my eyes at the scene.

"Oh, since it's your last weekend, I tried shifts at work so we can spend tomorrow together. I want to take you to my special place in the woods." He says to the blonde-haired girl. I know I shouldn't be jealous that they are going out together I mean they are dating.

"And that was the last time anyone saw her alive." Ozzie mumbles.

"No, for a picnic." Jay replies to the boy.

A few moments later the two boys left and Gwen got off the chair and sat on the couch with Leia.

"What the hell? You're blowing me off? We're supposed to sneak into the county club tomorrow." Gwen scoffed. I frown no one told me about this.

"Why wasn't I invited?" I asked Gwen.

"Sorry, I forgot but you can come if you want." She says and looks back at Leia. I just nod and gave her a small smile, It kinda hurts not getting invited to things.

 I just nod and gave her a small smile, It kinda hurts not getting invited to things