Room 11

Denise had been traveling for 10 hours and she was beginning to get tired. She soon came across an exit that advertised a hotel that she could stay at for the night.She got off on the exit and drove for about 30 miles. While she drove she looked at billboards and one had a missing person report that was a month old. The lady was last seen around the area a month ago driving a Blue Volkswagen Beetle with the license plate HLP-119. Denise brushed the thought of the missing lady off even though it gave her an unsettling feeling. When she finally got to the hotel she read a bright neon sign that read "VACANCY." She got out of the car and felt a chill down her spine. The hotel looked pleasant but Denise couldn't help but have an eerie feeling towards the hotel as if someone was warning her not to go in. As she walked towards the front door she looked around the parking lot and saw a Blue Volkswagen Beetle. She couldn't see the license plate. She considered leaving the hotel but didn't because she knew she was too tired to keep driving and decided to go into the hotel. When she walked in the doors behind her immediately suctioned closed. The slam of the door scared her but she assumed it was a vortex effect. She went to the front counter and rang the bell. Soon after a very pale man who looked to be either in his late twenties or early thirties. He spoke with a raspy voice "How may I help you miss?" She got closer to the desk before she spoke. There was a vile smell coming from the office the man walked out of. "Yes, can I get a room just for tonight?" She said, he got on the computer and typed for a minute before saying "One room will cost $50 just for tonight." She got some cash out and handed it to the receptionist and got the room key. She started to walk away before asking when the check out was and the man said "You can check out anytime." She walked to her room. She was in room 11, she opened the door and walked in. The room was freezing cold so she walked over to the thermostat to turn the heat on and the thermostat said it was 68 degrees in the room. She sat on the bed and listened to footsteps in the hallway. She climbed to the head of the bed and sat there and opened her phone up. She looked up the hotel and read an article about the hotel. It had been closed in 1999 after a series of murders. After she read that there began a knocking at the door, progressively getting faster and louder. She continued reading. "In 1999 five women and one man had been brutally stabbed in their rooms by an assailant. Coincidentally all the victims were staying in room 11. The person responsible for the murders was never found. To this day people continue to go missing around the area of the hotel. Some people suspect the hotel is haunted by a malicious spirit that kills people who stay in the infamous Room 11." By that time the beating and knocking on the door had stopped Denise knew she had to get out of the hotel. She jumped out of bed and ran out of the room leaving what clothes she had brought with her and running into the hallway. She looked down the far end of the hallway and saw a dark figure slowly coming towards her. She ran towards the door she came in and pulled on it. The door would not budge and she kept pulling on it. The dark figure was progressively getting closer to her and the receptionist appeared at the counter and said "You can check out, but you can never leave." And he soon dissipated into thin air. Denise freaked out and ran behind the desk into the office and shut the door behind her. When she looked at the far end of the room she saw the lifeless body of the woman who went missing a month ago. Soon her ghost appeared in front of Denise. The ghost told Denise "You must leave now. I will distract him while you run." Denise listened to the ghost and ran the other way. She got to a window and was opening it before it slammed down on her hands trapping her in that spot unable to run.The girl's ghost appeared outside the window. "You've allowed me to finally escape here. I'm sorry I had to do this to you." And the ghost disappeared. Behind Denise was the dark figure. She looked at him before closing her eyes, she knew what was about to happen. Denise felt a sting of pain before everything went numb.

3 months later
I was driving down the highway going to my parents house for the month. It was close to midnight and my eyes were getting heavy. I pulled off the highway and drove to a secluded hotel for the night. When I walked in I was greeted by a receptionist. She looked really pale like she was dead. Then I remembered, I saw this woman on the missing persons poster on the highway.