Aurora Lupin, just Aurora Lupin

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The short heels of Aurora's leather shoes lightly clicked against the stone and tile of Hogwarts. The halls were rather cold, and she was grateful for the tights beneath her plaid skirt that stopped mid-knee as well as the cardigan pulled on top of her pristinely ironed shirt. Locking her fingers behind her back, she casted a basic spell to float her luggage behind her.

The moon shone brightly through the stained glass, the hands on the clock pointing to 7 pm. Her train was rather late when departing from Napoli, her homeland, and it took a full day to make it to the Scottish wizarding school. Hogwarts was a beautiful place, surrounded by flourishing nature, dazzling lakes, and forests with roots running deep into the Earth. North of the facility were coastlines and sandy beaches encircled by mountain ranges.

The intricate wooden door in front of her was intimidating, and knocking on it sounded like a nightmare. But alas, there had to be some way for her to figure out where to sleep tonight. Her guide had dropped her off at the doors of the school and wished her luck, Mr. Moon was his name if she recalled. Her boney, olive-toned hand wrapped into a fist and knocked quietly, trying not to disturb the sleeping portraits hung on every wall. She waited a moment, rocking back and forth on her heels for someone to answer. For about two minutes, according to her leather-bound watch, she listened to nothing but the silence of the empty halls.

Her hand collided with the door a few more times, wishing she could just have a bed and resisting the temptation to fall asleep on one of the many couches scattered through Hogwarts. Finally, a tall woman with flaming red hair greeted her with a warm smile.

"Hello, it's a wonder how you got here so late, Ms. Lupin." Her eyes scanned the young girl as well as the floating suitcases behind her. Humming, the professor motioned her to follow. "I'm professor Weasely, if you need anything you can come see me in my office."

Aurora couldn't help but admire the architecture of Hogwarts as she followed the professor through the building. One of her favourite classes in her homeland was the study of architecture, it was almost as enjoyable as fashion studies. Oh, how she was going to miss home.

Professor Weasely entered an office space after knocking and announcing their arrival. The room itself looked rather small, but it was probably because of the clutter and documents strewn around and the artwork on the walls. Seated at a desk in the middle of the room was a man with dark black hair and notable facial hair. His dark blue eyes met hers as she slightly cowered behind the older woman in front of her.

"Professor Black, this is the transfer student from the Stagi Magia School."

"Ah, pleased to meet you. It's Aurora Lupin, yes?" His eyes seemed to bore further into hers as if he was trying to stare straight through her. She took a small step out of Professor Weasely's shadow to stand before him.

"That's correct. Headmaster Black," she answered, bowing down to show respect.

"Well, I suppose we should get you sorted and then speak about your...condition."

She felt small beneath his words, which sounded rather condescending despite his tight-lipped smile. He walked over to an old, dusty wizard's hat that seemed to be sitting with a frown. He brought it over and placed it on Aurora's head, the smell almost making her sneeze. Once it settled on her loose curls, the frown jumped to life, shifting around and making itself comfortable.

She jumped as a croaky voice sounded from the hat on her crown. "Hmm, an interesting individual indeed."

"You're not a student here, no, you're from the Italian mountains, it's curious why you got chosen for the program. You're smart, academically driven, a Ravenclaw perhaps?"