chapter 4 - The Diary

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/211412

Day One

Morning - Police Impound

The Pogues were still with Isa, Kaylee and Lia at the hospital as they were being treated for their wounds and sicknesses.

Meanwhile, Big John was searching through the police impound for the Twinkie. "Where is it?" He found the Twinkie, walking up to it, muttering to himself. "Okay, yeah, yeah." When he got to the van, he saw that the window was down. "Oh, no. Oh, God, the window." He tried to get the door open a couple of times before the door finally popped open. "Come on, ol' girl." Water leaked out from the van, and Big John took in the sight of everything inside. "No." He found the ruined printed pages of the diary on the seat, picking them up. "No, no, no, no, this can't be the diary. No, no. No, no, there's got to be something here. Shit." When he looked through the pages and saw that there was nothing left to salvage, Big John let out a furious scream. "No!"

⚓️

Kildare Hospital - Hallway

Kie and Pope were using payphones within the hospital to call their parents and let them know that the kids were back, with Cleo standing by them.

Sarah and John B were outside, as John B was freaking out because he didn't know where Big John was, when his daughter was right inside the hospital after nearly getting killed, along with two of their closest friends.

That left JJ sitting in the hallway of the hospital, keeping an eye on Isa, Kaylee and Lia, who were all sleeping and resting at the moment.

There were two police officers talking to a security guard. Nurses and orderlies were going about their tasks.

Rafe walked out of the elevator, whistling.

JJ heard the whistling, looking up to see who was coming, glaring when he saw Rafe, standing instantly. "You can't see them. So why don't you just turn around and walk away?"

Rafe nodded sarcastically, amused. "Hello to you too, JJ. I just came by to pay my respects. I mean, I've got some dicey history with Isa and John B, but my sister's in there, and I'm guessing Sarah's not here with Lia at the moment, judging by the fact I saw Sarah outside, but she didn't see me. And of course, there's Kaylee."

JJ stepped closer, glaring furiously. "Only reason I'm not going straight for the fight right now is because we're in the fucking hospital. You ever say their names again, and that'll change real fast."

Rafe chuckled. "I think it's also because you know those security guards won't do a thing to help you. They won't believe anything you say about me. And neither will those cops, or the orderlies. Your hands are tied, Pogue, so I suggest a nice conversation instead of trying to attack me. Can't imagine the girls will be thrilled to hear that you sent yourself to juvie or prison for nothing. Especially when it doesn't change anything aside from putting them through more pain, but hey, if that's what you wanna do, go for it."

JJ was beyond frustration and anger because every word was true, leaving him practically defenseless in this situation. "Why the fuck are you here? You wanna go after them again, and I will do just that."

"Wouldn't do you or them any good, and I'm not here to go after anybody," Rafe replied. "Didn't have anything against Isa before besides that she could turn me and my dad in, but that's a nonstarter now, isn't it? I'll leave Lia alone. And I think that Kaylee's gotten enough wounds from this little game, don't you?"