Cooking

A/N: Free Palestine!

For those who don't know there is a genocide going on in Gaza, if you're able to please sign a petition to stop the genocide or donate to charities who are helping the people of Gaza. ❤️

"Are you sure you can take care of the kids while I'm out?" Valerie asked her husband.

"For the last time yes." William spoke in a harsh voice, tired of his wife's nagging, even though it was definitely warranted.

He didn't really have the best track record of taking care of kids.

"You go out and shop with your friends." He added.

"Alright I'm just making sure, I'll be home in about 4 hours, so try and get along with eachother." Valerie said, then walked off to the car.

William waved to her as she drove off, he then closed the door and walked to the living room where his kids were. They were sitting on the couch watching something on the TV.

"Your mother has gone out with her friends, so it's just us in the house." He told them.

"Does that mean you're going to play with us?!" Elizabeth said in an excited voice as she turned around so she could face her father.

"SHH!" Michael said before William could say anything, he was clearly invested in the show.

"No, it doesn't mean that, it means you all are going to do your homework." Her father replied.

"But we don't have any homework." Elizabeth said in a quieter voice.

"Oh." William said, his thoughts blank on what to say next.

He never really spent any time with his kids, that was more Valerie's thing.

"Well then that's less work for me, I'll be in my office doing.... things, don't disturb me." He said, just wanting to be anywhere but here.

"I'm hungry though!" Elizabeth said in a loud whisper, just quiet enough not to cut through the TV's noise.

"Eat some crisps then." William said as he started to walk off.

"I'M MORE HUNGRY THAN THAT!" Elizabeth stated loudly.

"SHHHHH!" Michael said again, clearly annoyed.

"Ok! I'll cook something." William said in a defeated tone of voice, obviously not too enthusiastic about the idea.

He went off to the kitchen and opened the fridge door. It had been a while since he cooked something, but it shouldn't be too hard to remember right?

He took out some ingredients and began to cook over the stove. Once he finished he was about to plate it when he realised what he had just made wasn't fit for a child to eat.

He has no problem feeding his kids the abomination he calls food, but decided against it since he knew Valerie would be at his throat for it.

He scrapped the 'meal' he had just made by throwing it outside for any critters to enjoy. Though they'd probably die due to food poisoning.

He went back to the fridge, looking at the contents trying to think up of something else to make. He soon understood that he has very limited knowledge of cooking, and of food in general.

He could count on his hands how many recipes he knew, and all of them were ones he made up. They weren't nutritional or balanced at all for a healthy diet.

And yet it was all he used to cook in his university days.

He bagan scratching his head on what to do before he heard footsteps coming towards the kitchen.