Chapter 3: Bullies

The bell rings signaling that the school day is finally over

The bell rings signaling that the school day is finally over. I make my way out of class hurrying and putting my books and notes in my bag. I walk out into the hallway and make my way down the staircase.

It's been a long first day of senior year and I can already tell that this is just the beginning and a lot more is going to happen.

I'm currently waiting for my mom to pick me and Maya up.

Maya asked me if she could stay over at my house for a while. My mom always lets her come over whenever it's just that if I have a lot of homework she will tell me that I have to finish my homework before she comes over. Sometimes me and maya get lost in time and then we end up staying up trying to finish all our homework before it's due at 11:59 pm.

Feeling someone's eyes on me I look at the parking lot and I see the same guy that asked me for a pencil today.

As everyone probably knows the one and only Milo Lee Walker as he said today. Ever since he talked to me during the first period I've been getting dirty looks from other girls. I'm trying my hardest to ignore them and not let their looks or what they say get to me.

Looking back at him I smile and what catches me by surprise is that he smiles back. His friends then get his attention and catch us both looking at each other. I try my best to look away but I can tell they already saw that I was staring at him.

Hearing Maya's laugh I turn to look at her and she's laughing and looking at me.

"What do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No babes you're beautiful it's just that I saw that smile you sent mr popular" she said.

"Ughh it's nothing, I'm just a nice person and I smiled at him. I smile at everyone" I said.

Looking at me she raised her eyebrows. "Girl now me and you know both that you just don't smile at everyone. So what's going on you've been looking at him since lunch" she said.

"Ok well during first period he introduced himself and he asked me for a paper and a pen" I said.

"Ooh ok did anything else happen" She said.

"Well he asked me my name and when I told him he said that he was going to give me a nickname. Julie" I said.

"Omg he gave you a nickname. That's so cute you guys are just meant to be. I can't wait to tell your kids in future you guys met" she said.

"Wow Maya let's not get ahead of ourselves all we did was talk for the first time" I said.

"Ok but don't say anything when it happens" she said smiling.

Rolling my eyes I heard a honk and saw my mom in the car waiting for us with my siblings.

But before I could get to the car I'm stopped by a white girl with blonde hair and her two friends that look faker than barbies.

"hey, bitch right" this white pale girl known as Emma says walking up to me. Why is she talking to me? "I don't know who you're calling a bitch but you're not talking to my best friend, the only bitch is you and get her name right. It's Juliette". Maya replies to her.

"Ok whatever hoe I wasn't even talking to you but whatever" she says. "Listen, I want to talk about Milo" Milo ? Why did she want to talk to me about Milo? "Why?" I ask her, confused.

"I'm going to tell you this once and I'm not going to say it again. Stay the fuck away from Milo he's mine and he doesnt want your stupid nerdy ass ugly self" she said giving me attitude. Her friends stood behind her agreeing and rolling their eyes at me.

"And if she doesn't. What the fuck are you going to do" Maya said.

"Maya I don't want any drama I will just stay away" I said.

"No Julie because they can't tell you what to do," Maya said.

"Well I just did so if I see you around him there will be consequences. Don't say I didn't warn you" she said and she left with her friends.

Maya looked at me as I put my head down walking to the car.

When we got in the car the car ride was quiet. My mom could probably sense and see that something happened.

Maya ended up asking my mom to take her home instead of coming over. She's probably mad I didn't stick up for myself.

Once I got home I ran to my room and shut the door. Getting in my bed I put the sheet over my head and started crying. It's only been the first day and the bullying has already started. Whenever people bully me or say things about me and I dont stick up for myself Maya gets mad at me. She thinks that I shouldn't let every one step all over me and say whatever they want to me all the time.

For the rest of the day I cried and then I started to draw to get my mind off of it. It's the only thing that can keep calm and not cry all day. My mom, dad and siblings did try to check up on me but I didn't want to be bothered. After I finished drawing I hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. I put my electronics on their chargers and I went to sleep.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for me.

1026 Words

• Thank you for reading. 😘🫶🏼🤍

• I hope you enjoyed

• Hope to see you in the next chapter

• This is like a quick little chapter

• Feedback is recommended please don't be rude or disrespectful to me when you give feedback.

• Question of the day: Do you like long chapters or short chapters or both?