Chapter 11: Cook With Me

We were now at Julie's house studying, and she had been making me study for too long

We were now at Julie's house studying, and she had been making me study for too long. I was getting extremely bored and tired. She was now helping me study for a math test that we had coming up. I was trying my best to stay focused, but we had already been studying for two hours, so I was over it.

Today after practice I was already super exhausted. The coach had us running laps and practicing like crazy today. My muscles are super sore and I am not happy about having to go to practice tomorrow and do the same thing again.

"Angel, can we please take a break? We have been doing work for the past two hours. I'm getting tired" I begged. "Please can we take a break"? I wouldn't lie ever since she started helping me. I'm understanding all my work and getting it done. She's been nothing but the best in helping me. I just get annoyed having to come home from school and practice and I can't chill. I have to study and do homework. But I understand that if I want my grades to get better I have to actually do the work and pay attention in class.

I don't think Julie ever gets tired of doing schoolwork because I always see her doing her work. When we are in class she's super focused. Listening to everything the teacher says, writing down loads of notes. Even sometimes at lunch, she stays quiet and does her homework.

She closed her book and put it to the side "Yes we can take a break and I'm sorry if I'm overworking you please let me know if you feel overwhelmed. We can always stop and call it a day." She said worried. "No Angel I'm not overwhelmed and you're doing perfectly in helping me. I'm just tired from practice. Ever since he told us that we have a game next Friday he's been pushing us a lot to do our best. My muscles are sore and I just want to go to bed and relax" I explained.

"Oh um ok let's call it a night on studying and don't worry about us studying tomorrow you need a break and some rest. As for your sore muscles, I got you something. It's a thank-you gift for helping me when I didn't feel too good. I really appreciate the gifts and the soup" she said as she went in her bookbag and pulled a gift bag out.

  "You got me something? "Yeah here look in the bag," she handed me the bag. Taking the tissue paper out I saw a big item but some small items. Taking the big gift out it was a massage gun to help with my sore muscles. "Thank you, Angel, this will definitely help with my sore muscles," I said. She was smiling at me as I took everyone else out of the bag. She also got me a bear to match with hers. It's just that my bear had a blue bow instead of gold like hers. In the bag were also some socks, a hat, a Nike shirt, and some Nike arm sleeves.

"Thank you for this Angel. I really appreciate this and I will be cherishing everything you got me" I said. I wasn't lying. I was super appreciative of her getting these things for me. "You're welcome," she said, smiling. "I'm hungry so do you want to come with me downstairs to get something to eat?" I asked her. "SureI could go for a snack or something". We both headed downstairs.

~

We were both sitting on the couch watching Madea. I haven't watched all her movies. I've only seen a couple but. She is hilarious. We are dying laughing together. "Call the popo hoe," Madea said. "That leaves me nine to beat the hell out of you". "This is my favorite part. I love Madea, you can never go wrong with her movies," Julie said. She was smiling and laughing. She looked so cute. For the rest of the movie, we laughed together and talked. The film was super funny and it was nice to spend some time with Julie and not just us studying all the time.