Chapter 6

Sayan's POV

My father forcefully opened his mouth and made him drink the wolfsbane. It wasn't exactly poison, in the sense that it would kill him. But since the moment it entered a werewolf's body, it would not left him live either.

As if proving that point, Solace grunted. His body started spasming, as small sounds of pain started leaving those lips.

I shuffled from one leg to another. Sure I didn't like Solace too much. Because of him ever since I came into this world I have been competing. Proving my worth with each choice.

But I was equally aware that he was in the same boat as me. He doesn't even like sports like basketball, but can he back off? Ofourse not. As for me I do not even have the aptitude for literature but does that stop me from making a fool of myself? Noway.

Dad brought me out of my reverie by saying, "as much as I want to see you writhe in pain, I have an invasion to plan. Your pack would soon be mine." He then turned to me, " Sayan, tour time is here. Give him pain. Make sure he never can look you in the eyes again. Make him submit."

"But Alpha..." I barely began when he turned towards me with warning in his eyes and I said no more.

Soon everyone filed out of the room. I moved quick, by locking the room and closing the curtains. By now Solace was truly in pain  and his body was shivering as if already giving up.

I ran to my bed side table and got the bottle of water. I went and knelt next to Solace saying, " Solace. Open your mouth. The more water you drink the more this concoction will leave your veins. "

When I touched the.bottle to his lips, he shivered, but refused to drink. I knew why, ofcourse he didn't trust me. I picked up the bottle and drank from it, it was truly only water. He saw it and relaxed. He took a few gulps, his condition improving drop by drop.

I paced the room. Where were they? As soon as I thought so a clear rap rang on my door. I quickly opened it letting Rose and Shylock to enter, shutting the door off soon after.

" Oh my god Sayan. This is too much." Rose whispered.

"What I don't understand is why are we helping the enemy and going against our Alpha? Your father Sayan."

Before I could answer that, Rose whipped around facing Shylock, tears lacing her face. " I can't believe you said that. We are kids. We are supposed to be in school, playing, studying and kicking each others butt's over competitions. Not kidnapping and torturing people. And this is Solace. We have known him all our life. Shylock please tell me you are better than this."

Shylck looked shocked at her confession. His fingers brushed against her tears, wiping them, and he nodded.

They handed me the parcel and left my room without raising any suspicions.

I turned to Solace. He was still writhing in pain buy he seemed to have passed out. I bent down and took one of the small vials Rose and Shylock and given me, before hiding the rest.

"Solace? You need to drink this. I promise this will make you feel better."

His eyes still closed, he whispered, "Why?" Almost as if this was an echo of a question that was filling up his insides.

I sighed knowing I will have to answer to him soon, but now is not the time. Solace could barely seep still so I did the only thing I could. Gulping the liquid from the vial into my mouth, I leaned down, pressed his mouth to get it to open slightly before connecting my lips with his.

As I passed the liquid to him, I stared at him. With a snap, his eyes opened wide, first looking at me and then at our lips. Those bright blue eyes send a shiver down from my lips to my spine and my heart, and maybe somewhere else too.