ii. meetings

ii. meetings

"You cannot be serious." My voice was flat, eyeing the outfit Mama held in front of her body. Her shoulders dropped, "Greyson! This will look so cute on you." She cooed, holding the green sundress out to me.

"I appreciate you helping, mama. But we both know that I don't wear dresses." I told her gently, careful not to hurt her with my words. Watching her sigh and slump her shoulders, "Okay, then." She gave in, "Kylie will be here soon, so find a pretty outfit for yourself before she gets here."

"Thanks, Mama." I called after her once she left my room. Looking inside my closet, I bit my lip, carefully choosing an outfit that she would approve of.

Just to be clear, I was not looking forward to being forced to meet the new neighbors. What if we bothered them? Finally choosing my outfit, I slipped off my basketball shorts and t-shirt and changed.

Minutes later, my hair was brushed back and clipped away from my face with one of my many claw clips, and I reluctantly put on two gold necklaces and a pair of dangly heart earrings.

Why try too hard?

If I happen to meet someone (which I hope I won't), he should know what I'm gonna look like ninety percent of the time.

"Good enough," I shrugged, straightening my cardigan in front of the mirror before walking away. Closing my bedroom door, a grin crawled across my face wondering what Kylie's mom forced her to wear.

Probably something like Mama tried to force me into.

Walking down the spiral staircase, I stopped dead in my tracks once I noticed my entire family waiting for me at the landing. Cocking a brow, I slowly cleared the last two steps, now standing in front of them.

"Why are you all waiting like this? It's weird." I sniffed, crossing my arms self consciously over myself. Papa Gabe pushed Papa North to the side and took me into his arms.

"Aww," He cooed, "You look so cute, little bean." Papa Gabe pinched my cheeks before smoothing back the baby hairs that freed themselves from my clip. "Trouble and Kayli were able to convince us to let you two go over there alone. I have everything ready,"