☾ 013 ☽

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Uzui and Rengoku were waiting at the spot they had agreed to meet up at with Murai and Mitsuri, they had currently been waiting for half an hour and there was still no sign of the two. and it was already starting to get late, most people had already gone into their homes.

"Grrr," Uzui tapped his foot as he waited impatiently for Murai, "what is taking them so long!"

"Haha! I'm sure they are fine!" Rengoku said but was proven wrong seconds after his statement.

"Uzui-san! Kyojuro-Kun!" Mitsuri came running around the corner with the two other kids from before trailing behind her. "you have to help us! Murai was arrested!" she said with tears in her eyes as she pointed in the direction she came from. "s-something about coming back when he shouldn't have! You have to do something!".

"where was it Mitsuri!" Uzui grabbed her shoulders.

"this way! Quickly!" all three ran as fast as they could to a large open building. Inside was Murai chained up kneeling in front of some men that were sitting on what appeared to be a porch to a house. There was one man that stuck out from the rest he looked like he was the chief but he was small and timid, behind him was a man, you couldn't quite see his face, but he gave off an intimidating aura.

The three demon slayers stuck to the shadows, getting an uneasy feeling from the man that stood behind the chief.

"uhm- Soyama Murai, you were banished form this village 5 years ago and asked never to return!" he said shaking in his spot, "why is it that you have returned?" he asked and Murai lifted his head up to stare at the chief.

"Well, I'm looking for a demon of course" Murai said as he smiled, the chief squeaked in fear. He knew it was a demon standing behind the chief, Murai's guess was that he had been giving the chief orders and controlling the whole village. "come at me" the demon lunged at him, and Murai got up and dogged.

'he's acting on pure anger, and his form is all over the place, so by that its most likely he doesn't know how to properly fight' Murai smirked following the demon's motions as it kept attacking him. Uzui jumped in and began to fight back while Mitsuri helped untie Murai's hands.

Murai threw some Kunai at the demon, it seemed to slow him down but it didn't completely immobilize him. He locked eyes with Murai, and Murai froze astonished as he appeared to have swapped places with the demon.

Murai closed his eyes, waiting for impact as one of Uzui's bombs went off. Uzui looked at Murai astonished and worried that he had injured his Tsuguko, thankfully Murai was ok as he yelled out, "he has a blood demon art! He can swap places with you if you look him in the eyes!".

The demon grit his teeth as he swapped Places with Mitsuri causing her to almost be hit with Rengoku's blade. The demon on the other had jumped on some rooftops to try and escape. But the four had followed him.

"its good there are Hashira here!" Rengoku exclaimed with a smile on his face, "that means your death will be swift!"

ICHI NO KATA: SHIRANUI [FIRST FORM: UNKNOWING FIRE]

And with that, the demon was defeated. "well that was easy" Murai said as they all stopped on the roof.

"of course it was! A low ranked demon like that is nothing compared to a hashira!" he said proudly.

"bye, Murai-san! Bye Tengen-san!" Mitsuri called out as Uzui and Murai left.

"so what do we do now?" Murai asked.

"well, I'm a hashira and hashira don't tend to go on missions unless asked personally by Oyakata-sama or sometimes other hashira" Uzui explained and Murai nodded, "so normally we patrol the area's we live in if we don't have any missions".

"so wait, we have to stay up all night?" Murai asked and Uzui tilted his head from side to side.

"yes and no. we get breaks in the days and in the nights to rest" he explained, "but yeah we do have to stay up all night" Uzui said walking off while Murai's soul left his body.

"come on then! We have patrolling to do!"

It had been boring to say the least, there weren't many important big time hashira missions for the two to go on, instead it was just patrol of a night and shinobi training in the day. About a month passed and Murai was pretty used to the boring cycle. Wake up before sunrise, meditate, have breakfast, spar with Uzui, practice sound breathing forms, lunch, train, blah blah blah, and then patrol all night, and finally repeat.

"ughhh" Murai sighed as he sat at the small table, where they would have their meals. Recently they had only come across 2-3 demons every night or so, and none of them put up a worthy fight he felt.

He was currently sitting at the said table waiting for dinner, when a knock was heard at the door and Murai perked up, "Murai-kun, could you get that please!" Hinatsuru called out from the kitchen, Murai got up not showing much enthusiasm as he made his way to the door.

"Ah, Soyama-san!" it was Shinobu, "just the person I'm looking for, is Uzui-san around".

"Uhh yes, please come in" Murai stepped aside as Shinobu walked in. "Oi! Tengen! Kocho-san wishes to see you!" Murai called out.

"oh please! Just call me Shinobu" she said with a smile.

"oh, well in that case just call me Murai. I don't particularly like that name anyway. Reminds me to much of someone I wish to forget" Murai said as he lead her to a small living space. "please make yourself at home. I'll go fetch Mr. sparkles".

"Ahh! Shinobu-san! What a wonderful surprise" Uzui said as he walked into the room. "to what do I owe the pleasure" he smiled at her, it kinda looked like it was masking his real emotions for the scary lady sitting in front of him.

"well. Seeing as you still owe me for making me train Murai for a month, I was asking if you could allow him to come on a mission for me" She said smiling, it wasn't a happy smile, but more of a sadistic kind of smile. Uzui was about to protest but she cut him off saying, "either that or you can just come and work for me at the butterfly estate for a month".

"Murai you'll be leaving with Shinobu in-" she looked to her wondering when they would be leaving.

"half an hour"

"you'll be leaving in half an hour, safe travels boy" Uzui smiled at Murai before getting up and leaving.

"oh yay~ I'm a sacrifice~" Murai said under his breath. "I'll just go grab my things and then we can leave now if you'd like?".

"that would be great thank you!"