☾ 035 ☽

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Soon after Asuka left, some of the kakushi had begun to arrive back at Murai's estate to help him once again with repairs to his home. "I could've done the rest you know, you really didn't have to do any of this" Murai said helping them fix a few support beams.

"Please, it is quite all right! We don't mind, plus the faster we fix your house the sooner it'll become a landmark for other slayers" One of the kakushi said.

"well alright then. Oh also I was wondering how I could get to the swordsmith village?" Murai asked sheepishly. It Had been about 2 months and Murai still didn't have his swords.

"why do you need to know?" the kakushi said and Murai looked at them sceptically. "N-not to be rude or anything! I was just curious as to why you'd want to go there!" The kakushi panicked and Murai laughed and explained why he wanted to go.

"Just a simple check up to see how long my swords will be, that's all" Murai explained.

"oh! I see then. Well first you need to get approval from master Ubuyashiki and then us kakushi will take you there blindfolded" Murai looked confused as the kakushi explained. "the location is secret and not many people know about it"

"Oh ok. You don't mind if I go and quickly right that letter do you? I just hope to get there as soon as possible" Murai said sheepishly.

"Of course! Go ahead we got this here" Murai sat down in his room as he pulled out a pen and some ink. He dipped the pen in the ink and began to messily wright his letter.

"What the hell are you doing?" Genya had walked into the dusty and messy room. Murai turned back to look at him with a confused look.

"I'm putting in a request to Oyakata-sama, so I can visit the swordsmith village" Murai said, sounding as if he were a child who had done something wrong and was being scolded by his parents.

"With that handwriting?" Genya pointed at him, giving Murai a look as if to say 'you-suck-at-writing'. Murai was visibly shocked and defeated as he made an exaggeration.

"Akk!" He put his hand over his heart as he fell backwards.

"H-Hey! Well, it's true!" Genya got all flustered as Murai sobbed, "Even I couldn't understand you half the time!" Murai cried even more not bothering to listen to the rest of Genya's words. "tch. Here, come on. I'll help you"

"Really?" Murai looked at Genya, tears still spilling from his eyes. Genya gave a small nod and just like that Murai was fine, "Great! Let's get to it then."

After much trial and error Genya was able to help Murai write his letter to Ubuyashiki. "here, take this to Oyakata-sama" Murai said calmly to his crow as he tied a small letter on its ankle. The crow nodded then flew away as Murai watched the sun set.

"What now?" Genya asked as he and Murai watched the sun set.

"Now we wait" Genya looked at him ready to tell him that it would take ages to get a reply. Murai chuckled at his expression, "My master is coming over tonight, he will be lending me his swords seeing as he is retired now. I'm a hashira so I have a duty to patrol my respected area," Murai explained.

"Oi!" Murai and Genya turned their heads to see Uzui with his three wives walking up the hill. "Murai, my boy!" Uzui picked Murai up squishing him in a tight hug.

Murai gasped for air after being put down, "Its good to see you Tengen-ani" Murai rasped out.

Uzui laughed at him, "here, my swords, they're a little chipped from the entertainment district but it should be just fine for you," he smiled handing the large swords to Murai.

"Thank you," Murai smiled before stepping aside, "please come in, make yourselves at home, the kakushi did their best to repair everything and make it feel as homey as possible but I haven't had time to put everything together" Murai explained welcoming them all into his childhood home.

"Ah yes we thought as much, so we brought food!" Uzui said joyfully. Murai nodded saying he could see. Tengen and his wives all held two baskets each full of food.

"Thankfully though I do have chabudai, however, it is old and worn," Murai led them all to a little room that did indeed have a small table for them all to sit around and eat.

"Your home is very lovely Murai, you must have a lot of memories here," Hinatsuru said a small smile on her face.

Murai gave a little hum as he wiped some dust off the table with a cloth, "I wish that were true" Murai said, his voice calm yet also showing a hint of happiness.

"Come, let us eat for now before Murai leaves for his patrol," Uzui said breaking the silence and Murai agreed.

"itadakimasu" they all said clasping their hands together before digging into the food Uzui and his wives supplied.

Dinner began at noon just before the sun had gone down, Murai was eating and talking to everyone when he noticed Hinatsuru's stare.

"Hina-nee?" He tilted his head confused as she continued to stare at him.

"Oh sorry," she apologised putting her plate down before continuing, "it's just" She looked at him again, "your hair, its getting a bit long don't you think?" Murai stopped running his hands through his hair to see how long it had actually gotten.

Murai's hair, since final selection had never been really long, always sitting above his shoulders. "time has seemingly gotten away from me" Murai laughed sheepishly, it was true as his hair had now grown longer and now fell past his shoulders, not before long they will have reached bellow his shoulder blades.

"if you'd like I can give you a haircut again" Murai smiled.

"Thank you but I am alright, this long hair might now be a reason to use this hairpiece," Murai pulled out a hair clip that had three small blue and white snowflakes on it.

"oh my" The three girls gathered around Murai as he showed them the snowflake hair clip, "that is just beautiful, where'd you get this?" They asked.

"I got it on my birthday, it was my mothers," Murai said holding it close. "awe" all the girls fawned over it more, looking at the more intricate details of the snowflakes.

"CAW MURAI SOYAMA, CAW HEAD SOUTH FOR PATROL CAW DEMONS SPOTTED IN THE SOUTH" Murai got up dusted and him self off.

"Arigatou Tengen-ani for the meal" Murai bowed.

"Nah don't worry about it" Uzui brushed him off, "you just go knock em' dead boy" Murai smiled at him gratefully as he left for the door.

"Murai wait up" Murai stopped as Genya caught up to him. "I'll come with you" he said eagerly.

"Oto-san! Wait for me! I'll come with you! That way you'll see just how strong I am!"

Murai smiled at Genya holding his face, "as much as I would like that Genya-kun, I would feel more at ease if you were stay here with Uzui-san. I know he is capable of taking care of himself but I do worry for him," Genya held Murai's hand as he spoke. "please?"

Genya huffed, "fine. Just make sure you come back safe okay" Genya said stearnly as Murai nodded.

"you have my word"