Part 8

Tanjiro looked at the scribbled image. Does he know the guy?

". . . Wh. . . Why ask me. . .?"

"Well I dont know. Well just Yesterday when I was out picking flowers for the flower crown making, I stumbled upon a black flower that looked gorgeous. As soon as I plucked it out, I saw a black figure behind the tree. I didnt know what it wanted so I followed it. It led me to the other side of this realm and it left a trail of pictures with the same man who's face is scribbled"

". . . You. . . YOU PLUCKED OUT THE BLACK DAHILAS?! BUT I TOLD YOU NOT TO-"

"I-I'M SORRY! I LIED TO PRETEND I KNOW WHAT THOSE ARE SO THAT YOU WOULDN'T GET MAD AT ME! I-I'M SORRY I AM TOO DUMB TO KNOW THOSE!"

The world starts to crumble

As Tanjiro heard those words, he realized something. What if the real world of his was abusive or had a bad life?

If he pretended to know what people mean then maybe he wouldnt get punished (if you get what I mean) 

"Zenitsu. . . I. . ."

". . . P-Punish me if you'd like but I feel like I deserved it. . ."

Zenitsu shivered in fear. Tanjiro's point must be right

"Zenitsu I- I feel terrible. I-I am so sorry. . . Is your real world that bad. . .?"

". . . ."

He prefers not to talk about it [TANJIRO YOU FUCKING BOZO DONT CHANGE THE SUBJECT]

". . . You're not comfortable with it aren't you. . .?"

Zenitsu nodded

"Come here."

He opened his arms wide for a hug to cure Zenitsu's sadness. Zenitsu came closer to the boy and hugged him as his tears flowed down

"Shhhh. . . It's okay. I-I'm here.

I'm sorry for yelling at you. I could have problems. . . Controlling my temper."

". . . It's okay. Now, you were saying about an album? An old one perhaps?"

"Well yeah. When I was in the waking world, I was in the library studying for my exams. When I grabbed a book, an another book fell right on top of me. It was this one. I got curious about this one so I opened the book. And saw scribbled faces of the same person in this album.

Now if I were to ask you. Do you know that person? And. . . From my point of view. . .

The guy looks like you."

The world crumbled once again

". . . Tanjiro?! Whats happening?! Why is the world crumbling?!"

The trees outside Tanjiro's cabin, turned to ashes. And faded away. This lead Zenitsu into a conclusion.

"Tanjiro. . .? Does the world crumble every time I ask?"

". . ."

Tanjiro wasnt supposed to let Zenitsu know about this. So he mixed the truth with a lie.

"O-Oh. . . About that. When I created this world, I remembered something. If a person asks something about me, the world crumbles and some objects in this realm fade and turn to ashes. And when everything is completely gone. This world will technically. . . Break the crust of this surface and will lead you to a black void. Filled with nothing."

Zenitsu was curious. Who knows what lies inside the coldest, darkest, and yet the deepest part of this realm

"Black void? What lies inside that void?"