1. The phone call and the revelations

A\N: Another JIBBS story, I've got an interview tomorrow, so this will be completed by midnight tonight, enjoy.

It's 0330 when Jethro's phone rings beside him. He puts his sander down, checks the caller ID and answers it with a smirk.

"Jen, you okay?" He asks. He hears Jen sigh from the other end of the phone.

"I've always regretted one thing, just one thing." She says, hiccupping, Jethro leans against his workbench.

"Oh yeah, and what's that? Kissing Stan while you two were drunk?" He asks with his smirk growing, knowing she wouldn't look at Burley for a week after that sloppy kiss. Jen's drunken giggles down the phone reach his ear.

"Nooo, I regretted leaving you in Paris, you loved me and I tossed you aside like a toy I was bored with.'' Jen says, her voice thick with un-shed tears. The Team Leader closes his eyes.

He's been in love with her for years and he's never healed from her departure in Paris.

"I did love you, Jen and your leaving crushed me." Gibbs doesn't mention the fact that he's still in love with her.

He hears Jen's quiet sigh on the other end of the phone. "I know, it crushed me too, but I had to do what was best for me no matter who got hurt in the process and it was the worst mistake of my life. I wanted to call you when you got back home but I had told myself that you hated me and so I left you alone for six years and never reached out. I mean you were my boss then my lover, hell the love of my life and then due to an idiotic mistake you were nothing!" Jen rants drunkenly, Gibbs closes his eyes at the revelations his old partner and ex-lover has told him.

"Jen, just like you've told me, you had to do what was best for you, no matter who got hurt in the process, I just wish you took me with you." Gibbs says softly as he takes a swill of his bourbon. He likes drunk Jen because she opens up more easily than sober Jen.

Both Director and her Agent are silent before the Director speaks again, her voice quiet.

"I love you, Jethro, I've never stopped loving you. I'll always love you."

Before he can tell her he's still in love with her too, Jen hangs up.

A\N: Chapter 1 of Drunk Confessions, enjoy Angels.