Chapter 11: Tonight could be the last

The aviators gathered at "The Hard Deck" to have some fun before the big mission.

Snow-white was talking with Phoenix and the others about the simulation she had done earlier since it was the hot topic at the moment, when she saw Maverick showing up in his white uniform. He was gazing at Penny from afar, she also caught his gaze for a brief moment. Snow excused herself and headed over to him.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer." She said, startling him yet again.

"What?"

"Come on, you've been staring at her like a creep for about five minutes. Tell her how you feel!"

"You think I should do that?"

"I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise." She raised an eyebrow at him. "Go get her, tiger."
She pushed him towards the counter. He gave an annoyed look, but she could see the slight smile forming. He headed over to her and whispered something in her ear, and they headed out on the beach.

"Are you giving dating advice to him now?" Rooster showed up behind her.

"What can I say? One way or another, I'm always a wingman."

He laughed and hugged Emily from behind, his face buried in her neck. It was something that he loved. It provided him a sense of comfort as well as her.

"Hey love-birds, come back here!" Phoenix shouted across the room, waving for them to go back.

"Ugh! Coming!" Rooster whined and looked up at the ceiling like a baby. He grabbed Emily's hand and dragged her towards the group. Phoenix passed Rooster a beer, and Hangman gave one to Snow-white.

"Drink up, boys! AND ladies!" Hangman held up his beer, looking at Snow and Phoenix. The girls just shook their heads, smiling at each other. "Tonight could be the last for some of us."

"Way to keep morale up, Bagman!" Phoenix pointed out raising her glass. He raised his eyebrow as a "thank you." They all toasted to that and tried to enjoy the rest of the night the best they could.

╚»★«╝

"Hangman. Truth or dare?" Fanboy was the one who came up with the idea.

"What are we five?" Phoenix complained.

"No, come on. Let's play!" Snow insisted.

"Dare." Hangman was cocky.

"Kiss the most beautiful person in this room." Payback dared him. They all laughed.

"Well, sweetheart, that'll have to be my reflection." They all booed at him as he laughed. "I'm just saying, Payback, if you wanted a kiss... you could have just asked." He puckered his lips and got closer to him, Payback was quick to stand up and get away from Hangman. He hid behind Bob and used him as a shield. "Ah, Bobby Boy. Come give a kiss to Papi, handsome." He kissed Bob, and everybody's jaws dropped to the floor. Bob froze, and Phoenix was laughing so hard that she had to hold her stomach from the pain. Snow-white held onto her for support as she was recording the whole thing.

"Imma need that video." Rooster whispered in her ear.

"Obviously." She kept on laughing, and Hangman turned around to see what the fuss was about. As soon as he spotted the phone, his eyes widened.

"You little shit!" He ran towards Snow-white, she dodged the people in the bar, trying to get away from him.
"I told you, I can run from you!" She looked behind to see he was far away from him when all of a sudden she bumped against someone, she looked up. "Coyote. Seriously?"
Coyote just looked down at her, smiling as Hangman caught up. "Now, delete that video." He panted.
Emily showed him the phone. "This video?" She showed him that she had already sent that video to the group chat. Hangman was speechless, and Snow-white couldn't help but laugh. Eventually, he laughed as well.
"I hate you, Snowie."
"Love you too, Gagman."

That night, they all seemed like a happy family, no rivalries or hard feelings. Just a group of friends enjoying what could possibly be their last few moments together because, after all, Hangman was right. They did not know who might or might not come home from this mission.