-Coconuts... again-

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Kātao - The Ocean's Choosing

Avatar: The Way of Water

ততততততততততততততত

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾The next day:‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

We make our nets from the fibres, the water is sweet inside.

We weave out nets from the fibres, a real tasty treat inside.

The village sang as mum led them. She had a broad genuine smile, something I rarely ever see now. As much as I think it's funny to be singing about coconuts, I joined in this time. One was passed to me as I skillfully kicked it into my basket, it was all kinda chaotic and you could feel the energy from everyone.

I looked up in the direction the coconut came from to see the oldest Sully at the top of a tree, grinning and laughing at the Na'vi below him. Which of course included Tsireya, his younger brother and sister and Aonung.

"You're gonna faAaalLll," his sister teased him, her hands on her hips.

"Ah let him, he'll be fine," his brother said, receiving a slap on the arm from Tsireya. I snorted as I caught another coconut from dad.

"You're sister's right, forest boy!" I called back, not even looking in their direction, as I attempted to catch more.

"Nice to know the locals are friendly!"

"BAH! You have no idea," I smiled evilly, looking back as we made eye contact.

We use the leaves to build fires, to cook up the meat inside.

We sing these songs in our choirs, we have mouths to feed inside.

I ran before I could hear the response, spinning beside mum as we pierced coconuts together. She had a joyous aura around her today, even with me! Which is saying something. Maybe the Sully's brought a magic spell with them.

The village believes in us, the village believes, the island gives us what we need.

We passed around the baskets of various fruits, until they reached the maruis where they would be stored. Despite all of them gone, we continued to dance and sing in a circular style. The youngest Sully stared in awe from the side lines as we twirled and passed through each other. Impulsively, I grabbed her hand, pulling her into the dance. She giggled as I spun her around lifting her up, she quickly memorised the patterns of the dance and soon I let her move along with other partners. Her joyous laugh rang through the air like bells harmonising the melody.

She soon dragged her older sister and mother in who had just joined the crowd surrounding us. They both laughed as they too quickly learned the dance and spun with us, eventually my partner was the older sister.

"Hi! I'm Kātao," I spoke through heavy breaths. Listen, dancing may not sound very exhausting, but trust me it is. It feels like my sides are burning from the inside out, BUT OH WELL.

"I'm Kiri, that was Tuk by the way, and that's my mother over there, Neytiri," she smiled softly, nodding in Neytiri's direction. "Thank you for letting us join you," she spoke nervously as if she'll say the wrong thing.

"Don't worry about it, some people may not be happy you's are here, but don't pay any attention to them, the world will always judge no matter what you do, so just enjoy yourself!" I rambled out with one breath as we spun around each other moving to our next partner.

"Okieee," she laughed.

And no one leaves!

Pfft. doesn't sound threatening at all.

Authors note:

Ik this one's quite short, and the interaction was even shorter, but it's a start.

I honestly just end up picking the most random and sometimes irrelevant titles for chapters cos this little brain of mine is indecisive.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.