New Beginnings

After a few weeks, Surya found himself a job at a nearby construction firm. The owner's father and Surya's grandfather had been long-time friends, which led to Surya's recruitment as a Junior Admin. His youthful energy and excellent communication skills made him a valuable addition to the team. Surya's excitement bubbled over, prompting him to call Viji and arrange a special gathering at a local restaurant with her friends.

As Viji and her friends entered the restaurant, they were met with an unexpected announcement. Surya beamed with joy as he revealed that the day was his treat, and to their amazement, he unveiled his new job. Viji was caught off guard; she hadn't been aware of his job search. She used to worry about her family's opinions on Surya's job but she masked them, not wanting to hurt Surya. However, her heart soared with happiness for him. In that moment, she saw his maturity and responsibility shine through, having secured a job that aligned with his skills without her intervention.

Soon the day came for Surya's farewell as a college bus driver. On the bus where their love story had unfolded—where their first embrace and confessions had taken place—they decided to spend precious time together. Within the bus's confines, Viji's emotions welled up, and she found solace leaning on Surya's reassuring shoulder. The realization that their everyday togetherness would dwindle hit them hard; Viji's schedule would have her at home by the time Surya returned from his new job. Amidst the bittersweet ambience, Surya held onto excitement for his fresh start in the construction firm.

However, Viji's unease grew; it seemed to her that Surya didn't fully grasp the weight of not seeing each other daily. Frustrated by this perception, she abruptly stood up, signalling her departure. Surya, taken aback, rose and reached for her hand, halting her exit. With an intense gaze, she turned to face him, her emotions palpable. Drawing her in, he tenderly explained his eagerness for his office job, where he might forge new friendships. This revelation exposed his past isolation as a bus driver. Viji was struck by guilt—she had been selfish and failed to understand his emotions.

Tears brimming, she offered her heartfelt apology, embraced him, and found comfort in his embrace. Amidst this intimate closeness, his voice brushed against her ear, playfully inquiring about a gift. Her heart raced, adrenaline coursing through her veins. Viji had never been close to any guy before, and apprehension knotted in her stomach. As he leaned in, their proximity sent sparks dancing across her skin. Her breath caught, anticipation tangling with nerves. Moments before his lips met hers, her mind whirled with thoughts, her senses attuned to his presence.

The kiss commenced gently, a tender connection of lips. Uncertainty tinged Viji's reaction; she was uncertain about the uncharted territory. But then, Surya's lips traced her lips, seeking entrance. Yielding to the unspoken invitation, she opened her mouth, permitting him to deepen the kiss. Time seemed to stretch, the world narrowing down to this electrifying exchange. 

Eventually, he pulled away, their eyes locked in an intense gaze. Breathless yet elated, Viji's heart raced in her chest; she had just tasted her first kiss, a moment she had only dreamed of until now.

Surya's emotions ran high, and he playfully declared the bus interior to be too warm, luring Viji outside. Watching his nervousness unfold, Viji's heart swelled with affection; she cherished every aspect of his character. Their journey back home was accompanied by her beaming smile, a testament to the joy she carried. As night descended, Surya struggled to sleep; his mind replayed their first kiss, the nearness they had shared, and the promises of their budding relationship.