4. Supplies a' Plenty

Eventually, you decided to put your head down. Your arms cushioning you head from the hard wood table. You doze off for a minute before you heard someone walk up next to you and sit down. You glanced over at them. It was Brody. "Hey." She greets you. "When did you get back?" You mumbled, a bit tired. To you it sounded more like a statement rather than a question. Whoops. Usually when you're tired you seem pissed off. "Just a few minutes ago. Where did you and Mitch go?" You snicker sarcastically and sit up a bit, resting your head on your knuckle instead. "Ah, just for a walk. We had weapons with us but nothing came at us." You tap the table with your other hand, thinking of things to say, "What happened with y'all? Any luck with food?" She shook her head, "Someone trashed the fishing hut and robbed it. None of the traps had any fish in them. And what I learned from Louis is that the hunting was a no go.. Unless you count the Walker Piñata." You chuckle at the last part, "Lord have mercy." She sighs, "I know right."

After a moment of silence, Marlon came outside, Rosie next to him. "I already told Marlon about it. He's.. not happy." You nod, Who would be? Their food was fucking taken away from them. They needed that. If some bastard just thinks he can come in here and steal their shit, they got another thing coming. "Did someone seriously get into our safe zone?" Brody nodded. "It's not like we have a border around the whole safe zone." You roll your eyes, "No shit Sherlock Holmes." She shrugs at you, unaffected. "Suppose your my right hand then?" You raise a brow at her, "You ain't ever heard of Sherlock Holmes have you?" She shakes her head. "Hmm. Sad." You try to conclude the conversation by putting your head back down. You wanted even just a little bit asleep. Brody respects your attempt and leaves you alone. She knows you don't mean to be rude. You care for her like a sister.

You had gotten a few more minutes of rest before you heard shouting. Willy perked his head up and quickly went down the ladder, tripping but catching himself at the front of the gate and opened the door allowing Louis, Violet, Clementine, and AJ run inside. He closed it behind them and glanced at the four who looked out of breath. "We got food!" Clem let's everyone know and they all throw the bags that were filled to the brim onto the table next to you.

"Goddamn." You mutter. Everyone would have food for weeks at best. Maybe even a few months. Everyone slowly surrounded the table and some people looked through the bags to see what they've got now. Willy said something about Clem being a savior, making her smile. "Louis and Violet helped." She said taking out a few cans and setting them on the table. "Yeah but they never brought back this much." Ruby acknowledged, "Neither have you." Louis huffs, slightly annoyed. Mitch was too busy reading labels and stuff to care what was going on at the moment.

"Where'd you get all this?" You ask messing with a can of what seemed to be black beans. "The train station. Clem knew where it was." Brody froze for a second, "That's outside the safe zone." Violet hesitantly nods, "We would have more but the weird ass creep that stole our fish traps took some." Brody then looked at her, "Creep?"
"Clem saw him smoking those weird bible cigars. And he had strange different colored eyes." Brody looked towards the gate nervously, something that was not unnoticed. "Did he follow you?" Clem shook her head, "We gave him some food and then lost him in a swarm of walkers." Brody shook her head, "You gave him some of our food? What the fuck!" She shouts, startling the group. Everyone looked at her.

"Now he knows we're here and he'll want more! What were you thinking?!" Louis backs away from them, looking towards you nervously as Brody gets in Clementines face. At this point Brody was rambling now until Clem finally spoke, "He had a gun. He would've shot us if I didn't! I made the right call by not letting someone die today." Brody instantly speaks after she finished her sentence, "Bullshit! You don't know what people are capable of!" She shrieks. Louis then stood next to you, grimacing. "Think again." Clementine glares at her, getting pissed off.

Brody then walks a bit away, mumbling something about 'not going through this again' and then Marlon finally walks over, bring disrupted by the yelling. Brody explains what was happening, nervously fidgeting and tapping her foot. He brushes it off as normal and tells her she's overreacting. You've never seen Marlon with the glare he currently had. He put a hand on her arm, trying to get her to calm down and talk about it later. Before you know it, she shoves Marlon onto the ground, hard. She then points an accusing finger at Clementine. "If anything bad happens, I'm holding YOU responsible."

She then storms off, leaving everyone to think about what just happened. Marlon gets up and starts expressing his emotions at the moment to her about the situation. She retorts by saying no one died. And she was right, everyone was okay.

Ruby helps bring over bowls while Omar takes the cans and and makes something short and random. Everyone was hungry so he didn't exactly have time to make something super spectacular. Everyone sat down at a table and after a few minutes, Clem finally came over. Violet didn't stay for long, she left right after Clem sat next to AJ, bringing her bowl of food with her. Aasim suggested bringing Rosie out tomorrow, which honestly seemed like a good idea, it was just in case. You can never be too careful. And then Louis left, leaving Clementine and AJ to talk with Tenn. You were able to overhear that it apparently getting close to the time when the group had lost Tenn's sisters.

Instead of moving to sit next to Clementine, you decided to stay right where you were. Willy for some reason sat on the ground rather than sitting at the table with Mitch and you. Willy ate some of his food but it didn't seem like enough. "Willy." He looks up at you. You pull out a candy bar that you grabbed from one of the bags, "I was gonna save this but I need you to eat something." Willy's face lights up and he takes the bar instantly. "I haven't had one of these in so long!" He unwraps it and shoves it in his mouth, taking a bite. "Geez kid, slow down. Don't want you choking." Mitch chuckles watching him.

"Mnoe!" Willy says with a mouthful of food. "Eat with your mouth closed." Mitch says a bit grossed out. You look over at him, "I've got another one. Wanna share?" He looks at you, thinking for a moment. "Sure. What kind is it." You take it out and unwrap it, breaking it in half and handing him a piece. "It's a crunch bar." You shrug, taking a bite out of it. You're surprised it wasn't super melted or anything. "Haven't had one of these in years." Mitch says, licking his fingers. "The only time the school gave us candy was if we did something good. And that was rarely ever." He recites the memory. "I'm surprised I wasn't sent here then." You shrug, you had done a lot of things, suppose your parents didn't care though since they didn't care enough to stay with you during the whole apocalypse.

Willy gets up and walks over to Tenn. He comes back shortly with a piece of paper. "I asked Tenn to draw us a bit ago. The whole group!" Willy shows the picture to me and Mitch. It contained everyone, Marlon, Brody, Clementine, AJ, you, everyone. A full family photo. "I'm going to have to thank Tenn, this is amazing." You say running a finger over the picture of you and then look at Mitch's. "Heh, you actually look handsome for once, Mitch." He rolls his eyes at you and then smirks. "You think I'm handsome?" You wave it off, "Don't get used to it." Willy laughs and then points out everyone, naming them just in case we couldn't tell.