15. Jail Time and No Cards

You could feel your body jerking all over the place. The ride was bumpy as hell, tossing your body around as well as whatever else was in the cart. You couldn't exactly open your eyes to see what it was yet though. Plus you could feel some dried blood was keeping your right eye shut. Might as well continue getting some rest.

You next woke up to a bit of shouting, your body was being dragged once again. And you're glad your eyes were shut since the sun's rays seemed to specifically target them.

You feel your body laid down on a cold floor, footsteps echoing away from your body. That's when you decide to open your eyes, well eye that isn't covered in blood. You groan and grab your forehead, hissing and pulling your hand away once it touched the wound. You're now able to notice the killer headache that came with the new cut. You stayed on the floor for a minute, waiting for your senses to come back and once they do, you sit up, looking around. It seems you were in a cell. You could hear chatting and your door opened again. Someone was pushed into your cell with you.

They pause and look at you, "You're up!" You frown, "Why- How did you get here, Mitch." The cell door slammed, Mitch looked rather unaffected by it and sat next to you, moving some of your hair aside to see the injury better. "I would've stayed if you were with me. I had to come with you. So I let them grab me too." You shake your head, ignoring the slight pain that came with it. "That was stupid." He shrugs, "I guess. But hey, now I'm with you." You can hear Aasim and Omar talking in the background, "And those two." He sighs. His gaze looked towards your eye and took his jacket off, using the sleeve to try to get the dried blood off. It ended up working. You opened your eye, rubbing it with your own hand. It wasn't too bright so it adjusted fairly well. And after a few second you could see pretty good. Just like normal.

"My head still hurts like a motherfucker." Mitch chuckles, "I unfortunately can't do anything about that." He looks around, supposedly now understanding the bad news in this. "I miss Willy already. Hopefully I'll see him soon." You adjust to sitting criss cross, "I'm sure we will." You both scoot back till your sitting against the wall.

Well, Lilly did get some of what she wanted. She got some kids, caused destruction, burned down some of the school. Mitch suddenly turned and hit the wall behind him. "Jesus man!" You look towards the cell door, hoping nobody heard that. Mitch looked at his hand, it was fine but the fact that he did it at all. "I don't know what to do." He puts his hands on his face and dragged them down, rubbing his eyes at the same time. "Goddamit." He hung his head low, "Look dude, they'll come back for us. Like you said. There'll be a lot of bloodshed regardless on who's coming. They're our friends. We'd do it for them too." You put your hand on his closest hand, which happened to be the one he didn't use to just stupidly hit the damn wall. "Fuck." He mutters, entwining your fingers. You knew your face was red at this point, but you didn't bother to hide it since the dark cell was doing it for you. "I'm so goddamn sorry I let you get snagged, shouldn't of happened to any of us as long as I was around." You give his hand a reassuring squeeze, "It's not your fault. You did what you could. Plus, I got myself caught. I didn't want Violet to be stuck in here alone for god knows how long. She's a good person, I would rather it be me than her."

Mitch is silent for a minute, hesitating to speak. But he ends up doing so regardless, "I saw Minnie." You turn to him a bit too fast, making your head ache again, "She's alive?" He nods, "Yeah but, she's changed. A whole lot. She works for them and doesn't complain about it. Aimed a crossbow at me too. Hah." He uses his free hand to fix his hair.

You look towards his jacket, using eye contact to ask for it. He shrugs and gives it to you. The cell was freezing. Mitch had a short sleeved shirt on yet he seemed to feel fine. You put it on, picking some of the dried blood off the sleeve to keep yourself busy for a little bit. You and Mitch look out the cell when your names were called by Aasim and Omar. "Yeah we're good." Mitch calls out to them back. "Thank god you guys are alright. I thought I'd have to eat my ears off having to just talk to this guy." You answer with a cheeky smile. Mitch rolls his eyes and lets go of your hand, smiling when you reach for his hand back. "You want to be mean to me one second and now you want my attention?" You pull your hand back, jokingly pouting. "Oh lord have mercy. Someone switch cells with me." You smack his arm not too hard making him laugh. Mitch goes quiet for second, "I need to talk to you about something." You make eye contact with him and nod, waiting for him to speak. He opens his mouth but quickly closes it when a door opens.