Part 1

There have been so many things I've been through my entire life. So many things I've seen, what I've experienced, but I think that fears are the things that always have me sitting on the edge of my seat.

Like many other people, with peers alike, we all have our fears. Fears of perhaps swimming, being afraid of the sharks or any other unknown creatures lurking in the waters. Or maybe fears of falling off a tall building or high platform. As a whole person, I also have many big fears. Losing progress on homework or writing, being alone, losing something important in the ocean, or my anxiety taking over someday like aliens and robots controlling the government in the movies. But I think that losing my friends has to be one of the biggest fears of mine.

People mainly talk about their relationship with their significant other or loved one. But what they don't talk about is the fear of losing friends.

There are so many different types of friends. Long-term friends. Short-term friends. Friends, I knew existed just never bothered to make conversations with until recently. Friends that I've known for less than a year. Friends I've known for just a couple of weeks or days. It's like you never know when it cuts off. Life seems to be going well and everything is fine. You have friends but you just can't seem to shake off the feeling of what happens after they leave. The feeling is so close yet so far from the edge.