Part 2

Because what if happens when they move and go to a different school, will you lose a connection? Will you fall out of touch? Everything that I worked so hard to get to, slipped from my grasp and shattered to the floor. Was it all just a waste of time and effort? Or what if a fight happens between us and in a snap of my fingers everything goes poof? In a matter of seconds, everything is gone. And the fear of when you and I just became close, you transfer into a different class.

It's the feeling of everything reminding me of us. Always wanting to text you and tell you about everything. How my day went or about a funny moment that happened. Or send you a funny meme or post that we both used to laugh about. You're everywhere I go and yet nowhere to be seen. Everything reminds me of you. I get excited and think of texting you and feeling the need to share something with you. But the realization kicks in as I drop my phone to the floor reminding myself we aren't together anymore.

The year rolls around and it's August once again and you, my friend aren't in any of my classes. I don't even see you during passing periods. Even if you weren't in my classes the year before, I could at least see you during the breaks and walks to the next class. But now you're gone. Gone from my life and never to appear once again. Not until when a dance comes up that we both attend. Or when graduation day comes strolling in.

I know we are still friends but I can't help to think about what could happen, all the different possibilities in the universe that could split our friendship in two.