Chapter 3

It's been six months since Anayra and Mikhail's marriage, the street was dark and quiet. A faint sound of a key being inserted into a lock was heard, and Mikhail entered his home. It had been a long and complicated day for him, as he had been dealing with a difficult case.

As Mikhail walked towards his room, he noticed that Anayra was nowhere to be seen. He shook his head in disbelief, knowing exactly where she was. He recalled the first fight they had four months ago.

*Flashback*

Four months ago, Anayra was trying to contact Mikhail repeatedly, but he was not responding. It was 4 am on a Sunday and he had not returned from his duty since the previous night, nor had he left any message or answered Anayra's calls.

She decided to call someone and asked him to track Mikhail's phone. However, the person informed her that Mikhail had an anti-tracking device connected to his phone and would know if someone was trying to track him. Anayra assured the person that she would handle the situation.

At 4:30 am, Mikhail finally came home, in a very angry mood. He was upset with Anayra for calling him 108 times and sending 35 messages, all asking the same questions repeatedly. Anayra was surprised by his sudden anger, he had never spoken to her like that before in the past two months.

Mikhail said in a serious tone, "I have told you before that I don't like to be stopped or controlled in any way."

Anayra, assuming that the man in front of her was currently insane, replied with the same anger, "What do you mean you've told me before? I've been calling and messaging you for the past 5 hours and you haven't even replied once."

Mikhail responded, "I don't have to reply. Why should I give you an answer?"

Anayra explained, "I was worried, Mikhail. You're a CBI officer, and if you were going to be late, you could have just let me know so I wouldn't worry."

Mikhail replied, "No one has ever asked me where I am or what I'm doing before."

Anayra retorted, "That's because you weren't married before."

Mikhail replied, "I told you before marriage that I don't like being stopped or controlled."

Anayra tried to explain, "I'm not trying to stop you, I'm just asking you to let me know when you're going to be late."

But this was enough for Mikhail, and he couldn't handle Anayra replyingback every time, so he became more aggressive, saying, "Who are you to ask me these questions? Who do you think you are? Don't forget you are no one to me, but merely my wife."

This hit Anayra hard, and she fell silent, staring blankly at him. Mikhail then left for his room, but his phone rang in the middle of his way and he picked it up.

On call:

Mikhail: Hi Dushyant, did you find out who tried to track my phone?

Dushyant: No, I couldn't track it.

Mikhail: Okay, no problem. Go home today, we'll see it tomorrow. Bye.

(call ended)

Mikhail was walking towards his room when Anayra interrupted him by saying, "I tracked your phone."

Mikhail stopped and exclaimed, "What?" and looked at her.

Anayra calmly replied, "You weren't answering my calls or messages, so I got worr...*who are you to me? * I thought something was wrong, so I tracked your phone. But later I found out that your phone has an anti-tracking device...Sorry, it won't happen again."