🌨~2~🌨

The next day I was walking through the castle again when I rounded a corner too fast and tripped over someone. "WATCH WHERE- Oh, Hey Y/n." I can't believe I ran into Kikimora like that.  feel so bad.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Ma'am I should be more careful." I said trying to be formal. "No no it's ok, how is your burn?" 

"Oh! Thank you for asking! It's actually doing quite well! I just need to rest for a couple of days." 

Kikimora sighed, "That's a big relief... Wait if you are supposed to be resting then why are you in your coven uniform on patrol?" I rubbed the back of my neck trying to think of an excuse. "Uhhhh... I needed to uh.." I couldn't think of anything.

The truth is I always feel stressed whenever I'm not working. So I decided clocking in for a simple patrol wouldn't be too hard on me. Kikimora squinted at me and I stammered trying to think of an excuse. "That's it. I'm taking you back to your room and you are going to get some quality rest. After all, we can't have our best guard hurt." Kikimora guided me back to my room.

After I laid down in my bed she left. Then what she said really sunk in. "Wait did she call me the best guard!?" I almost jumped from excitement. Then my burns started hurting again and I slumped back into my bed. 

I realized how tired I was and fell back asleep.

~~~~𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝓴𝓲𝓹~~~~ 

I spent the next couple of days in bed, but Kikimora checked on me every day. It made my heart sing.

Today I was scheduled to go on a mission with... Ugh, The Golden Guard.

I grabbed my things and walked to where we were meeting. He was standing there and his stupid owl mask was staring at everyone. He was trying to be intimidating and authoritative but really he just ended up looking like an idiot. More so than he already does. 

"Ok scouts today the mission is simple. Follow me up to the peak of the knee and don't die. Then I'll give you your next task." 

We all got onto the airships and started flying off. As we passed over all the snow the wind blew through my hair. Then I heard someone say my name from across the ship. Someone was talking about me. 

Instead of investigating I just listened. "No way dude! I'm telling you they have a huge crush on Kikimora!" 

Then the other guard spoke up. "Kikimora? Really? Bro Y/n is amazing a gorgeous. Why would they like Kikimora of all people." My face went red. "Dude all the facts point to them liking Kikimora! Why else would they jump in front of her when Steve almost hit her!"

I continued to listen not saying a word but knowing well that my face was heated. Did I like Kikimora? Is that even possible? I mean I've never really liked anyone before and I always thought I never would.

These feelings are quite unmistakable though. I always feel safe and comforted around her. Even though she hates everyone and everything. Something about that makes her even funnier and more enjoyable to be around! She is like an angry little kitten!

I know I shouldn't have feelings for her, I mean she is my superior and all. If Belos finds out I could lose my job. I'm not even sure I like her. 

My thoughts were interrupted as the ship landed and everyone started getting off. I walked off the ship along with everyone and walked off to the side a little to get a better look at a plant I spotted. When I turned I saw the familiar red skin and teal fists for hair. 

It was Kikimora.

And she was hiding behind a tree, on a mission run by The Golden Guard. 

Oh, Titan.

(646 words)