🌬~4~🌬

When we got back to the castle we saw the Golden Guard stomping through the doors in front of us. "Scout! Where were you?! The mission failed because you disappeared. Kikimora what are you doing with my scout?!" The Golden Guard yelled. He really did sound like a teenager.

"They were helping me, is there a problem?" Kikimora said trying to sound assertive. The Golden Guard just grumbled and continued to the throne room. Once we heard the doors shut I started laughing, Kikimora looked up at me "What are you doing?" She asked like she didn't know what laughing was. "Laughing? Have- Have you ever laughed before?" 

She looked at the ground, "I have laughed like a maniac but never at something funny..." My heart broke in half at this. "Well, what about trying to laugh at how funny the golden guard failing his mission is?" 

She continued to stare at the ground then slowly a small chuckle emerged from the small demon in front of me. That chuckle turned into full-blown laughter. Man her laugh is contagious. We were both laughing like the funniest thing just happened. we got many dirty looks from passing guards, but we didn't care.

When we finally calmed down, we headed toward the living quarters. "Thank you," Kikimora said as we were about to go our separate ways. "For what?" I asked as she stared at the ground. "For helping me, and... for teaching me how to laugh." She looked up at me with stars in her eyes. I blushed, Thank goodness I had a mask on. "Oh yeah, no problem!" I said as I scratched the back of my neck. 

She awkwardly waved and then ran off. 

I walked into my room and started to get ready for bed.

~~{𝓚𝓲𝓴𝓲𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥}~~

Their laugh... It's so amazing. It's angelic and like everything is ok when they are laughing with me. I'm going to try and see if Belos will let me go on more missions with them. 

I walked into my very tidy room. I make sure that everything around me is tidy, not that I get visitors... ever. It's just nice to have a clean room. 

I walked over to the window and climbed up it to sit on the window seal. I stared out at the boiling isles when I heard a familiar voice... 

It was Y/n, they were singing.  I closed my eyes as their beautiful voice filled my ears. How come their every move captivated me? I love everything about them, I found myself not just simply tolerating them, but wanting to be around them. 

I sighed and continued to listen as thoughts of them filled my head. How they got me to laugh, for the first time. When I was a child all my parents ever cared about was my success, no one ever really wanted to be my friend because of how power-hungry I was.

Why was Y/n so different? They genuinely cared for me, they didn't tell that golden brat when I was hiding, trying to ruin his mission. I have never felt this way towards anyone before, I kind of like this feeling. 

The singing ended and I realized the sun had set. I decided it would be a good idea to go to bed, tomorrow I'll have to talk to Belos tomorrow about possibly promoting them to my apprentice or something. 

(562 words)