Chapter 8: Jai's POV

* Jai's POV *

Waking up in the morning is not an easy job for me, especially if I was up partying all night with my friends the night before. Monday is the hardest day to wake up, honestly. But today, I felt like getting up even before my alarm rang. It didn’t even feel like I am still sleepy, or I lack sleep.

I went to the bathroom while humming on a tune I didn’t know if it even existed.  I was feeling wonderful like this was just a dream, and I’d wake up later feeling all right. I took my time taking a shower and getting ready for school. I was fixing my hair when my annoying twin brother Luke knocked on the door.

“Jai, hurry up! I need to go too!”

“I’m almost done”

“About time…” Luke sighed, like I was in there forever.

I went back to our room to get my things and headed out to the kitchen. Our older brother Beau was already munching on a bowl of cereals. Mum was making toasts and bacon.

“Good morning mum” I greeted while I was about to give her a kiss on her cheek.

“Good morning sweetheart. You look chirpy today!” Mum commented.

I smiled.

“Mum, maybe little Jai here wants something and wants you to be in a good mood” Beau laughed.

“No. Am I not allowed to be happy?” I exclaimed.

“Hey now, stop it you two!” Mum was laughing.

Our mum Gina is the greatest mum ever. She always takes care of me and my brothers. She’s always here to support us. She is always here no matter what happens. And I appreciate everything that she does for us. I love her so much, and I don’t ever want to lose her.

My brothers Beau, Luke and I, together with our friends James and Daniel, created a YouTube group. We’re called the Janoskians “Just  Another  Name  OSilly  Kids  IAnother  Nation Skip”,  a comedy group in Melbourne. We upload videos of skits, stunts, and mockumentaries. Some of the older generation thinks we’re just pranksters who have nothing to do but bother other people, or they would say we only create trouble and we don’t portray a good image to the young ones. I thought my mum and my grandparents would think of the same thing, but they didn’t. They were so proud of us. They were proud that we’re enjoying our life, and that we’re making other people laugh. We’re connecting to them through our videos. And making my mum and grandparents proud and happy, makes me so confident about myself. I love them so much.

I was eating breakfast and looked at the clock. It was almost time for school, and Luke hasn’t even come out yet. 

“Hurry up, Luke!” I shouted all the way from the kitchen.

I kissed Mum goodbye then headed out waiting for Luke to get all his things for school. He was holding a bunch of papers for his science report. In about 10 minutes, we have finally arrived school. We were just on time, but we already separated our ways when we got inside the building. I went straight to my history class, as it’s nearly starting. I was a tad bit early. Mr. McCray wasn’t there yet. The students in my class were still chatting with each other. I was listening to my beats while waiting for our professor.

The class was about to start when we heard a knock on the front door of the classroom. Mr. McCray opened it up, and asked the person to come in.

“You must be the new student, Andrea Gomez. Do you mind introducing yourself in front of the whole class?” Mr. McCray asked.