Chapter 13: Robert's POV

* Robert's POV *

It was August 1, 2011, Monday, and I was getting ready for school. I always get to school earlier than the time so I can hang out with my crowd. I’m one of the popular guys in school and I love it when everyone follows me. I guess I like the attention.

It was the usual Monday morning. We have different groups in school. I was hanging out with my buddies Mark, Joshua, and Tyler out in the hallways doing our own business. The girls in our group have finally arrived and they were all babes. It was so cool that our group gets the hottest babes in school, and no one else. Though I have to admit, I never really have seen them as more than a friend.

I live with my single dad, and being the oldest son, he always expects more from me. I have 2 younger siblings, a younger brother sister. Mum left dad when my baby sister was 2, making me 7 years old. I was mad at her. I didn’t really want to know her, or see her again. Dad became mad at home, and he started to drink, and bring a girl every now and then. Maybe that’s where I have gotten my attitude, but I don’t mind at all.

Living for my family has its ups and downs. Dad was never the same since mum left, and I had to take care of my siblings. It was hard, especially since I have no idea how to take care of my younger sister. I guess this got me all frustrated that in school I seemed to be the bad boy. I don’t hate myself though; I love everyone’s attention because I didn’t live my life like everyone else. I always feel loved whenever someone would walk up to me in school. Taking care of my family was already a big responsibility, and I was just 7 years old. I should have had a great childhood with nice experiences if my mum never left us. Everyone in my family believes that I shouldn’t blame my mum, and just know what exactly have happened than rather fight this feeling of being betrayed. I didn’t want to. I’m better off without her.

People in school have always loved it when the cool crowd would talk to them. Like we were some God, and we talked to people. Monday morning at school as usual. I never really hated on anyone, until some faggots showed up in the hallway. Faggots? Yeah, I mean those Janoskians. I know every girl loves them because they’re cute. They all think they’re hot. But come on, they’re just annoying little brats who got nothing to do but make a fool of themselves. I’d rather sit alone in my room than watch their videos. I hate how everyone suck up to them.

The morning classes feels slower on Mondays because the week has just started and I can’t wait for the weekend again. Mark and I were already at the cafeteria, and we met with our other friends there, except Sam.

“Yo, where’s Samantha?” I asked the other girls.

“There she is,” Claire pointed.

“I wonder who she’s with” Tiffany added.

I turned around and looked at the girl and I felt like this has been a great day. I don’t know why. But she had my tongue tied up.

“Hey guys, this is Andrea, a new girl in school. Met her at history class” Sam said.

“Hey, you just can call me Andi” the new girl waved. We had her on spotlight. We never really invited anyone else in our group, but I’m not complaining on this girl. She’s bubbly, and looks smart.

The day went so slow and worse, my last period was media. Subject’s cool, but with the worst classmates, the twins. But I spoke too soon.

“Hey Andi, seat with us” I waved at her and pointed a seat beside Tiffany, the same time Jai called her as well.

You’d say it’s cliché if I told you the Jock fell in love with the new girl. But she was different. The moment I saw her, I fell in love like in the movies. And I never felt the same about any other girl. She’s innocent and fun to be with, never a dull moment. But I guess I wasn’t the only one.

Jai kept looking at her the whole time. There’s a burning sensation I felt in my heart, making me turn my fist into a ball every time I see them.  She’s mine and I won’t allow anyone else to be with her.

Mr. Garrison announced that we’re having a group project based on sports and that we have to make a video about it. There were 6 of us and the group only has to be by 5’s. I seriously want Andi to be in my group, but it felt bad to just get one of the other girls out. Why does it have to be 5 in a group?!

The bell rang and as soon as we were about to leave, Jai wanted to talk to my girl.  He got some nerves.

And after their talk, Andi came back and told us Jai invited her in their group.

“No way!” I exclaimed, overreacted at some point and shook it off.

Honestly, I didn’t have a problem with them before. Jai and Luke Brooks used to be cool, until they started the Janoskians craze. Like, seriously?

It was the start of the week again, and I was waiting for Andi. Lately, I’ve noticed she had come early in school and hang out with Kaity Millers. I was waiting for her in her history class, but she wasn’t there. The bell rang, and I had to go to my own class. Waiting for the bell to ring was annoying. I was sitting in English class again, and staring completely blank in front. I wasn’t listening to the teacher. I was texting the whole time, and waiting for the class to end. I was lucky enough that the professor, I don’t even know her name is, dismissed us before the bell rings. I went straight to Andi’s history class, and saw her there at the back sitting with Jai. She was leaning on her desk, while Jai was patting her head. They were watching a movie. The bell was about to ring, and I hid near the front door. I didn’t really want anyone else to see me. But Sam did.

“What are you doing here, Robert? And why are you hiding?” Sam asked and caught up. “Well, she was asked to stay for a bit” she winked.

After a few minutes, Andi finally came out. “Hey” I said.

“Hey” she uttered.

We were on our way to her locker, and I really wanted to talk to her, but didn’t know when to start. When I finally had the courage, Luke Brooks showed up. Are you kidding me?

“Hey Andi, can we talk?” I asked.

“I’m actually on my way to math class; don’t you have a class going on now?” she was pushing me away. “What do you want?”

“Why don’t you hang with us anymore?” Curiosity befriended me.

“Hmm… good question. I think I just realized that I wanted to be free. Sam told me that you didn’t want them to be friends with other people, particularly Jai and Luke because of their thing. So therefore I got the message and well I’m better off without any of you” I told him straight to the point. “I didn’t want to be friends with someone who would control my life. It’s my life! I’ll do whatever I want. If you can’t accept it, fine but I won’t change it for anyone.”

If she was a different girl, I would have done something now. But it’s Andi, I can’t. I wanted to but both my heart and mind are teaming up with me to stop whatever I was supposed to do. Andi is different from the other girls I know. She is one who would fight back on what she thinks is right. She never agrees with anyone that would implement something that is wrong. I wanted to hurt her physically like I used to with other girls, but I can’t do it. I felt like everyone saw this, and I wanted to hate her for humiliating me in from of everyone, but I simply can’t. She’s different all right. But I can’t hurt her