𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

It's Friday morning, and Amelia is waiting outside of her apartment with her suitcase. She packed enough to last her 5 days, even though she'd only be gone for the weekend.
       Amelia was a planner. She always prepared for the worst. In this case, she'd figured that if the plane were to crash on an island in the middle of the ocean, she'd ought to have a week's worth of underwear. She had her face in her phone, checking the weather across her flight's path to ensure that they wouldn't be flying into a school of fish.

A dark blue car pulled up and rolled down the window. "Amelia Irving? I have a car for Amelia Irving?" The driver called out. Amelia put her phone in her hoodie pocket and called out, "That's me!"
The driver popped the trunk for her suitcase. She struggled to get her suitcase in the trunk, since it was so heavy. Eventually, she got it, shut the trunk, and got in the car. Amelia sat in the back fiddling with the strings of her hoodie, going through her plan on what to do if the plane crashed. "Find the emergency exit, grab my suitcase, look for land, jump out when you are close to water, try to land on your suitcase." She thought to herself. The odds were very unlikely, but in her mind, the odds weren't zero.

After a couple minutes of driving, they arrived at the LaGuardia airport. Amelia got out of the car and got her stuff, then checked in to the airport. After going through security, Amelia met up with her father. He was with two other men, one tall, blond with grey strands, pale eyes and deep cheekbones, neatly shaved and clean, the other more ragged, but still professional and serious. He had curly, brown hair mixed with grey hair, a scruffy beard and a somewhat tidy mustache. His eyes contradicted his face, being sweet and pure, whilst his face was serious and strict. He showed no interest in Amelia, while the other man was giving Amelia a look of lust and craving. Amelia's dad introduced her to the men.

"Amelia! I'm so glad that you decided to come! This is my good friend Clifford," he said putting his hand on the blond one's shoulder, "and this is Pedro." He said putting his hand on the dark haired man. "Hi guys, I'm Amelia. It's nice to meet you two," she said putting her hand out for the men to shake, "are you two the only people coming?" She asks. "No, the other guys are already on their flights. They booked theirs for earlier in the morning." Clifford says. "Oh, alright. So when do we board?" She asks. "In 30 minutes. Do you want to get something at Starbucks before we board?" Pedro asks. "Sure." Amelia responds. "I've already had my morning coffee," Clifford says, "but get me a breakfast sandwich, would you?" Clifford hands Pedro a $10 bill. "Alright, let's go."
Amelia and Pedro walk down to the Starbucks and get in line. "So, you excited for Paris?" Amelia says, attempting to ease the awkward silence between the two. "Yep. And you?" He says in a dull tone. "Yeah, I'm especially excited for the art. I'm really hoping to go to the Louvre. It seems really nice, doesn't it?" Amelia says. "Yep. Seems nice." He says, shooting the conversation down. This was awfully curious to Amelia, given that the men Amelia exchanged words with were always heavily interested in whatever nonsense she was spewing out.

The two had made it to the Starbucks and were in line. "What are you ordering?" Amelia asks Pedro. "Just an iced coffee." This made a part in Amelia smile. Even though Amelia barely knew this guy, she could tell that he wasn't like the men who came into the Starbucks she worked at just based off of his coffee order. It wasn't something crazy that would take 10 minutes to make, it was just a simple iced coffee.

By the time that they got back, there was 15 minutes until they had to board the plane. Clifford ate his sandwich, and Amelia and Pedro drank their drinks. When they boarded the plane, Amelia was seated by the window next to Pedro.
When the plane started to take off, Amelia started having a panic attack. She tried her hardest to contain herself, since she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of Pedro, or stress Pedro out of he didn't know what to do. She took some deep breaths and closed her eyes, trying to get her mind off of the images of plane crashes that were flashing across her mind. She had her hands on top of one and other in her lap, shaking.

After a minute, Pedro noticed her shaking. "You okay?" He said, in a low, gentle voice. Realizing that her attempts of containment were failing, she took a quick, deep breath and looked over at Pedro. "Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for asking." She said in a steady voice. "Try chewing on some gum." Pedro said while getting a pack of gum out from his backpack. He handed the stick of gum to her. "Thank you." She said, unwrapping the gum and popping it into her mouth. He nodded to her before putting his headphones on.