00. That Ghost of a Boy

〔3rd pov〕

"See you later, ghostfreak!"
Is all that they said before leaving the boy alone.

'Dad gonna be home late again I guess'
The boy thought as he looks at his phone

Message App】
Dad🎤

RadioMan 📻 : Very busy rn and can't pick you up. Sorry :(

Dinoboy🦕: ok

【Message App Close】

The walk home was quite, and that's what he likes about it. He stop by at a store to buy a snack for his walk.

The moment he's arrived home, he proceed to go to his room and sunk into his bed for a couple of minutes before he change into a more comfortable clothes. After that, he continues laying on his bed.

It took a while for him to get the motivation to do his homework. "Thank god that this'll be over soon" he say to himself as he doing his homework. "But then we have high school, ughhh" he groaned. "You think high school will treat us better, Trico?" He asked his triceratops plushie that his dad got for his birthday. "Yeah, I think so"

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

8:30 p.m. and Hizashi is finally home from work. After changing into more comfortable clothes, he proceed to cook dinner. He wasn't a good cooker, but he wasn't a terrible one either. It's pretty much enough to satisfy himself and his son.

Speaking of his son, guess who just came out of his cave. The alluring smells of the food manage to get the boy attention. Hizashi of course notice the boy appearance.

"Hey Kei, how's school?" He tried to strike a conversation with the boy. "Good. I guess" the boy replies coldly. "How's work?" The boy ask his father back. "Work's great. Scream at some students for messing around in class and got complained from Shouta for interrupting his nap" he giggle. The same thing can be said for the boy, small giggle erupted from his mouth at his father reply.

Once the food is done, they eat in silence. That is until Hizashi start complaining about his schedule. He got three jobs after all. That's soon turn into discussion about high school. Specifically, UA High.

"I'm pretty sure you're gonna ace the exam so there's nothing to worry about. Plus, you'll be fighting with robots so it wasn't that bad" he assure his son

"What if I don't" the boy ask with worry

"Then I have to bribe Nezu to let you in. No way in hell I ever let you go through high school without me bugging you there" Hizashi reply, ruffling his son hair. His reply made the boy giggle a little.

It took a while for the boy to warm up with Hizashi after the adoption, but they work their way to it. Keiko used to be so quiet. Well he still quiet but not as much as it used to be. Hizashi managed to have a decent conversation with the kid now so that's a progress.

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°

Once the dinner end, the boy went straight to his room, or what Hizashi like to called, "cave", cause it's always dark there.

"Just a couple of months left before this hell over, Trico" the boy told the plushie. He might not have any friends, but the plushie help him improving his social skill. Hopefully.

"I wonder if any of them will pull out an oujia board to talk to me for April Fools, hehe" the boy giggle at his own thought.

"Anyway, " the boy goes to open his bedroom door. "GOODNIGHT DAD! DON'T BE TOO NOISY" The boy yells across the hall. "GOODNIGHT KEI. DON'T LET THE BED BUGS BITE! " His father scream back. It's has been a habit for them to scream at each other before sleep.

"Goodnight to you too, Trico" the boy say as he snuggles his beloved plushie. No guy will ever beat Trico for Kei's love.

"Let's hope that UA isn't as bad as middle school"

『••✎••』
696 Words

Author notes
Don't ask how I managed that funny number, it was a coincidence okay. Anyway, feel free to leave your feedback/criticism in the comments. I'm always open to improve my writing. With that being said, see you in the next chapter