33. Cursed

What is a film even without a climax!

------------------

After Meera got out of the cab, she scolded Sandy for the torn glitter paper of one of the shagun boxes she was responsible for. Adjusting the pleats of her saree, Priya shot her mother a look annoyed with her over excitement and uptight behavior since the proposal. To add, everybody supported her. For instance when she suggested Priya must be in saree while visiting Kapoor Mansion to discuss her marriage, Shivina took the responsibility and arranged a saree for her overnight.

"You all go ahead," Shivina announced to the family, pointing at the garden and added, "We'll join you in soon."

She dragged her to a corner.

"Shivina—"

She handed her a bag and told she got a jacket for Ram matching her saree. Of course. Though she didn't say it out loud, she too realized their co-ordinating outfits last night wasn't merely a coincidence.

"I know you must be dying to meet your Mr. Kapoor," she teased. "So give this to him while I chit chat with my friends."

Priya tried to hide the blush rising up on her cheeks when she added, "Di, Bhai ke samne sharmana. Now go!" She gently pushed her in the direction of the entrance to her house.

"Mom!" Shubham barged into the kitchen. "You fixed Bhai's marriage with that tacky aunty again!"

Nandini glared at him, then glanced at Tarun signaling him for privacy.

"Wasn't Akshay enough that you want his sister too?" he continued seeing Tarun make his way out.

"Shubham, careful! You're speaking about your Bhabhi," Nandini snapped at her son.

Too late.

She already heard them.

Seeing Shubham rush towards the kitchen in distress, Priya followed only to stop mid-way hearing 'tacky aunty'.

"Bhabhi, my foot!" he added.

She grabbed the wooden partition pillar for support.

"Ram loves Priya," she heard Nandini and her teary eyes softened. A confirmation she needed not this way though.

"Love?" he scoffed. "He dated a girl like Vedika with no money. Now that he's super rich, still hot and handsome he can definitely do better than that old grumpy teacher."

Though her vision had blurred, she recognised Tarun nearing her. Embarrassed, she tried to smile but couldn't.

She glanced down at the bag and tried to speak, "Shivi.. Mr... Mr.."

Tarun remained quiet.

She was humiliated. She handed him the bag hoping he understands it's for Mr. Kapoor and left the place.

Shubham went to his mother and questioned, "And since when have you been worried about him?"

She glared at her son again. "Just because I have always prioritized you and Shivi, doesn't mean I hate him or want him to be unhappy. It was difficult time after Virendra left us. I was worried about you. Moreover Ram wasn't ready to move on himself," she paused.

"But things have changed now. Shivi is married — doesn't matter if we like Akshay or his family. Ram has setup a business for you. Our future is secured. It's only fair we support him."

"And you're okay with his marriage?"

"I was never against it. It is least of my concern how and with whom he spends his life with. My priority has always been you two," she admitted.